Chapter 34: The Judgment of Poseidon

The Skull walked me back silently to my cabin with confusion messing up with my head. A menace was formed when I was kidnapped and now, it was threatening the Pirate City. The Pirate City, in its grand and finest form – with pirate ships surrounding for its protection, now seemed vulnerable because of the battle that was looming in the distance. Maybe the pirates thought that indeed, I was a Jonah of the Obsidian.

"Is everything going to be alright?" I asked as I lingered on my door looking up at him.

I knew that we were in a dangerous situation and I couldn't help but get worried. However, his cold, grey eyes remained calm and when his warm hand touched my cheek, the anxiety subsided. Even at this moment, he still had control over my emotions. I was afraid that he was slowly becoming my world and I would be left with nothing once I was taken back home – because he already became my home.

"If this world will fall apart soon, trust me that I'll keep you safe from it all." He moved closer towards me until I could feel his lips touching my forehead. I closed my eyes as I savored the moment in his arms. "I would do anything just to keep you unharmed," he continued.

I inhaled his scent before he finally released me. He looked at me like I was a fragile thing he needed to protect and I was worried that he might get hurt by doing so.

"What if they come for me and destroy the Pirate City? What will happen to the pirates? What will happen to us?" because I couldn't imagine living without him again. I didn't think I could face a new day without him in my own old world.

"Listen, nothing bad will happen to you. I will make sure of that," he answered in his comforting voice.

"But what will happen to us?"

He wasn't able to answer right away and that's when fear started coming back at me. He wasn't sure of us. He would make sure to keep me safe but he couldn't promise anything to keep the thing we shared. I looked at him with pain visible in my eyes.

"Primrose, this isn't your world. And if to keep you safe is to give you back home then –"

"So there's really no us in this pirate world. What we shared didn't really exist and those kisses and embraces didn't really mean anything." I felt betrayed for all this time; I thought we were into something.

"Prim –"

"Please leave. I want to be alone," I cut him off.

I thought I saw pain crossed his eyes but I couldn't be sure because whatever that emotion was, it was gone in a second. I pushed him away as gently as I could for if I would just allow my wounded heart on its revenge, my hands would just hit him hard on his face. And as much as possible, I wouldn't want to do that. I didn't think I could bring myself to hurt him. So when he remained standing at my door and refused to leave, I just clenched my fists as I tried to stop myself from crying.