Chapter Four

Chapter Four~

I stood next to Captain, staring at all the dead Chitauri bodies around us. Most of them were still on fire, slowly dying down, and others were completly split in half by Captain's sheild. I turned to face him, still confused but I looked like myself again. My green cat eyes were slowly turning grey-blue again, my hair was going back to the dirty blonde but my lips were still black on the inside because I was breathing smoke all over the place. It felt so amazing. I really couldn't remember the last time I created so much fire or exhailed so much smoke. My lungs were so satisfied and all together I felt better than I had in a long time. I was beat up though. I had a cut that was so deep it sliced open my unique suit on the side of my waist, exposing my bloody gash. My right ankle didn't feel that great either, its probably sprained and hopefully not worse than that.

"Alright. Well..." began Captain as he turned around and looked at the damage around us. "Let's head to the Stark Tower, I think thats where everyone is at." He told me. "Wait so your really with S.H.E.I.L.D.?" Captain asked me as we limped and walked in the direction of the tower.

"Uh... yeah." I replied, not really knowing what to say. "See, I was burned alive in a chemically created fire a coulple of years, I would have died but the fire wasn't normal so as a result I guess I can control fire. S.H.E.I.L.D. basically kidnapped me afterwords for like.... half a year and they helped me understand what I'm capable of." I explained. I felt so little and young next to him. I didn't really like that, I don't know why. I guess I wanted to fit in.

"That's exciting." Captain replied back, now smiling at me as we reached the futuristic door of the tower. Instead of using the keypad right in front of us, Captain banged his fist on the door, demanding Tony to let us inside.

"Missed you too." replied Tony Stark sarcastically over the intercom. The door in front of us slid open, letting out a gush of cool air conditioning and hitting our faces. I followed Steve as we walked over to the fancy elevator, and headed to the main lobby/ living room of the tower. When we finally reached the floor, Phil Coulson, Nick Fury, and all the The Avengers were there except for Thor. They were all staring at me and Steve as we walked towards them. I noticed all the windows in the lobby were broke or shattered all over the floor. Everyone looked beat up, bloody, and tired.

"Who's the friend?" asked Natasha, glaring at me. Just as I was about to explain myself again,but  Phil did it for me.

"This is Alice Reine." He told them. "I told her to come to help fight Loki's army."

"Yeah, where is Loki by the way?" asked Tony, forgetting about me. Just then, everyone had to sheild their faces as another window was shattered and a body came flying in and crashing against the wall. After I raised my head, I noticed it was Loki being hurled by a very angry Thor, who was ready to bash his head in with The Mjolnir. Loki just stayed on the ground, groning at the pain, and laughing evily at Thor's actions.

"Wheres the Tesseract?!" demanded Thor in a very deep voice. 

"The Chitauri has it." answered Nick Fury, instead of Loki.

"And why do they have it?" asked the very curious Hawkeye. Loki took his time standing up and recovering from the throw. He brushed the dust and peices of the wall and floor off of his suit and walked towards the group of angry Avengers.

"Thanos has The tesseract." hissed Loki, wiping a cut on his face. "He stole it from me and stripped me of my title as leader of the Chitauri." Loki said again brushing a stray hair out of his face."I'll tell you this, he plans to attack again, but with a bigger army. I dislike him as much as all of you." Loki said, maybe trying to get to on everyone's good side by chosing a common enemy. Thor shouted at Loki again, grabbed him by the throat, and threw him across the room, landing him near me. "Ah why must you continue to do that." asked Loki, trying to pick himself up again. Tony laughed to himself at the brotherly fight. I offered a hand to help pull him up and by my suprise, he actually took it. I brushed more concrete from his shoulder and he smiled at me, to thank me for the help.

"So now what?" asked Tony, amused by all of this.

"Well, I don't know about you but it's getting late. We can all head to the floating fourtress, I've got a jet coming already, your free to follow if you like. There's plently of rooms for all of you to stay in over night." Nick Fury informed us.

"I'll stay here." Tony told him, as Pepper Pots entered the room from the spiral staircase behind us. She walked over to Tony and smiled at everyone, seeing them all together for the first time.

"Alright then," Nick Fury began again. "You all have an hour to kill before the jet gets here."