141: A Warm Hug Amidst Chaos

Within the dim lit room, sinister looking black smoke suddenly rose, growing bigger and taller. As it grew thicker, the more excited the essences in the air became.

With calm crimson eyes, Lea observed the appearance of a familiar youth. Silence shrouded the both of them upon locking their eyes, yet a small smile spread upon their lips.

A husky voice resounded, informing Lea of the situation. "Rampant beasts have besieged every District, while the Control Room behind the waterfall have been properly investigated."

His obsidian eyes glittered with wicked intelligence rare for his age, while his handsome countenance could capture the hearts of the ladies. The tension he brings with him however, was as deadly as his mind. But Lea before him have always understood his nature, not reeling into his intimidating presence, only expressing an equally relaxed smile.

"What have you found from Russell's perverse hobby?"

"Hmm~ I've heard everything he'd said to you, as well as the details of the happenings since we came to this land. I've found a notebook of his theories derived from his private research as well. Do you want them?"

Lea nodded her head, but did not offer her hand. She knew there was a catch. Knowing each other's thoughts, Raize's smile deepened. "You can have them in exchange for accompanying me into the Forbidden Land."

"The pleasure is mine." Lea did not know what was beyond the Forbidden Land, making it convenient to have someone like Raize as a companion. So there really was no need to even think of rejecting the suggesting.

He eyed her suspiciously, as if not believing her words. "You've escaped from my grasp so many times. How do you suppose I can trust you?"

Lea faked to think for a moment and said, "Nill, would you please follow Raize until I retrieve you?"

Light flickered inside the room, revealing a small glowing white bird, flapping its cute wings in the air. [Sure. I'll see you soon, Lea.] And she obediently perched on Raize's shoulder.

Glancing back into his obsidian eyes, Lea could see he was still not satisfied. She hesitated for a moment before offering him a hand, as if clarifying a business deal through a handshake.

Raize shrugged but accepted the handshake, only to drag Lea into his broad chest, encasing her into a tight hug. Lea blinked and blinked, but still was caught unexpected by Raize's sudden actions. He must have only thought of doing this in a split second upon touching her outstretched hand.

In his embrace, he wrapped one hand around Lea's waist. While the other hand pressed her back further into his chest. Slowly, Lea raised her hands to pat Raize's back, making the whole embrace mutual.

She could hear his heartbeat that was calm at first, but begun to beat faster and harder

She could hear his heartbeat that was calm at first, but begun to beat faster and harder. Leaning into his chest and listening to the erratic heartbeats, she felt unusually calm. She breathed in his smell that reminded him that Raize was a man, and that he actually had a unique scent on him that she never noticed before.