Chapter 20

Spotlight wavered from place to place, as the chattering of people filled the room. I sat by the side of my hair stylist, controlling my urge to remove the stand of my hair that is styled to fall on my forehead.

Zac was not having a good time either, as a furious frown set on his face as Mellisa, our assistant director and the girl that's been in love with Zac for a long time has just got yelled at by the director.

Directors generally don't do that, and our director, James, is an even more loving and jovial person. Zac is too mad at him to see the facts and didn't think of the possibility of us faking all this just so we could stir those buried feelings in him.

Mellisa was right now weeping in the bathroom and it sucks for me to not be able to go console her. We are waiting for Zac to do the job and I don't know what's taking him so long.

"Zac, Skylar, you're being called." One of the persons of the crew came to call us.

After doing my last check of make up, I was allowed to go.

We tried to do the shots over and over again but Zac's mind was disturbed. James was getting a little impatient but he knows this is needed. We actually finished our shoot for the day but we're just prolonging it so that Zac's and Mellisa's drama comes to an end now.

"James, can I take a break?" Zac asked, rubbing his forehead in frustration.

A smirk formed on James' face as I gave him a knowing smile. "Sure. Take your time."

"I'll be back." He said and hurried to the way Mellisa took.

James and I broke into a fit of laughter as we understood where he went.

"Thank god, our job is done. I couldn't see the both of them blocking their feelings." I said.

"I finally have a more productive team now." James said. "An unhappy team is an unproductive team."

"True true." I agreed and grinned down at him.

"Skylar, someone's here for you." Someone from behind me called my name.

"Am I expecting someone?" I asked James.

He gave me a flat look.

"Right, how would you know?" I spoke to myself, to which he nodded. "Send them in!"

I craned my neck to look over my shoulder. Ethan followed his body guards inside with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. My eyes widened in surprise and got up on my feet.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him in a low voice when he came close to me.

"Who said I came for you?"

Burn.

"I.. Who else are you here for?"

He leaned over my shoulder and offered his hand to James. "I heard the news. Congratulations."

I frowned at the men. "What?"

"He's having a baby." Ethan clarified it for me and I widened my eyes in surprise.

"What!" I exclaimed in happiness. "You didn't tell me!"

"I thought you knew." James smiled. "Besides, why do you think I'm extra cheerful today?"

"I thought you were excited for the wrap up party. But, congratulations!"
I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Thank you." He said. "I'll be back."

We watched him leave as his friends poured in through the entrance. I guess I'm the last person to know this. And apparently I thought I knew everything about his life.