Chapter Five

Chapter Five~

I looked over to the shattered windows. Outside I could see police take away the dead bodies of the army as frightened and angry citizens watched. They were yelling and demanding answers from them, I even saw a coulple hold guns above their heads getting even more upset. It was a little amusing to watch, so I did and sat on the edge of the building waiting for the jet to come. I could hear someone coming up behind me and when I turned around I saw that it was Natasha Romanoff.

"So what's your story?" She asked me in a calm voice joining me on the ledge. I explained the fire incident again to her as Clint Barton joined us to listen to my story too. We all sat there in slilece and watched the angry New Yorkers fight and question the police. Barton laughed at them, very amused while Loki came and walked behind us. He didn't sit or say anything and instead just watched the outside world like the rest of us. Suddenly, one of the angry men saw us from the street below. He started to yell at us, which caught the attention of Thor, Tony, Steve, and Bruce. We all tried to listen but we couldn't tell what he was saying. Soon there was a group of men and some women standing below us shouting and screaming.

"Does anyone know what their saying?" Asked Bruce watching them too. Everyone answered no and shook their heads.

"EVERYONE DUCK!" shouted Barton as we were suprised with them now firing their guns at us. the windows were shattering more and glass was falling over our heads. Bullets skimmed around us and we all layed flat on the floor. Nastasha got out her gun and shattered the windows to the building near them, which made them quit. We all got up and watched the police handcuff them and take them away in one of the many cop cars on the streets.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked, brushing the glass off of me and a little off Natasha. Everyone replied with a yes or a head nod. Natasha put her gun up and helped Barton too. We all looked back down to the street and saw more citizens gather around the Stark Tower.

"Everyone," announced Nick fury. "The jet is here but we can only get to it by going outside and walking the block." He warned us, now taking the people outside of the tower as a concern.

"Ha. Have fun!" laughed Tony, glad he didn't have to face the angry people. Bruce laughed along with him as we all headed down the elevator to make our way to the jet.

As soon as we opened the door to the outdoors, someone pushed me.

"WHATS GOING ON!" shouted a citizen at me. I jumped a little bit, I wasn't expecting that, so I didn't answer and neither did anyone else. We all just kept a straight face as we headed towards the jet. Someone even dared to push Natasha and demand answers from her, but she quickly hissed a death threat at the poor man, which shut him fast, but not everyone else. Suddenly I heard a cry of deep pain from behind me and watched Loki fall to his knees and cover his stomach with his hands. Panicking like everyone else, I ran to his side and saw a crazy man to Loki's right, holding a bloody knife tightly and screaming at Loki, getting ready to take another stab at him, trying to get his head or chest this time. Without thinking I screamed as I created a sheild from flames, protecting Loki and everyone else behind me.

"So thats what she does..." I heard just about everyone say. I knew my eyes were now electric green and I could feel my hair rising to turn into flames.

"Oh god" I heard Loki mumble as she pulled his bony hands away from the gash and saw that blood was covering his hands, clothes and the concrete around him. "I'm going to die..." he told himself as he fell to his side, laying down on the concrete, closing his eyes, crying out and accepeting his fate. All the citizens around us watched and cheered, glad that Loki was close to death.

"Save him!" Shouted Captain taking control. "Loki has the answers to The Tesseract and to Thanos!" giving them all a reason to help, even thought they hated Loki. We all joined in, Clint and Natasha picked up Loki, one person holding his feet as another holding his torso. Everyone else, pushed away the crowd of angry people around us, but Thor decided that he was going to take matters into his own hands by snatching his brother away from the agents and flying to the jet, handing his dying brother to the awaiting agents on the jet. We all chased in after and quickly shut the ramp behind us, flying away and leaving New York City behind us.

"Oh god." I heard Loki say again as he was set down on the floor of the jet. "I'm going to die." he repeated, but this time loud enough for everyone to hear. He let out another cry from the pain as we all watched, now only seconds away from the floating fortess. As soon as we landed on the runway, Loki was taken away to the on board emergency room, still crying out in pain. He didn't fight the help thought, probably because the stab was so deep, he was thinking he would die. All of us soon walked off the jet and onto the floating fortress, in shock and some covered in blood.

"They really want Loki dead." Bruce said, saying what we all were thinking. I then realized my hair was still in flames and my eyes were neon green. Embarrased, I calmed everything down and laughed as everyone smiled and watched me.

"Oh yeah, I've heard of you." said Barton turning to me. "Phil told me about you once."
I smiled and was glad I wasn't as much of a stranger as I felt.

None of us knew what to do after the excitment died down, so one by one we all left and went to our seperate rooms in the same hallway, and slowly settled down for the night.