Chapter Six

Chapter Six~

I couldn't sleep. I wondered what my friends were thinking of me now. My secret has been exposed to them all, and now the whole world, because I saw that a camera crew was filming me while I was fighting. I sat up in my bed, alone in my own private room, and couldn't get the image of the dying Loki out of my head. I was curious on how his condition was. I decided that he probably wasn't dead, or we would be informed about it. Plus, Loki was a god and I didn't think that something like that would kill him, although it did seem like it for a moment there. I felt really bad for him too, I knew that everyone hated him, except maybe Thor. All of the agents on the floating fourtress would surly kill him in seconds, if they were givin the command.  I looked around my dark room. I had a metalic nightstand, a queen sized bed, and my own private bathroom. The floors were made of steel maybe or some kind of metal, that was cold under my bare feet. I walked over to the door and suprised myself by opening it. I was wearing long black leggings that stopped at my ankles and a random tee over top, so I wouldn't be embarassing if someone saw me. I slowly walked out and softly shut the door behind me. I tiptoed out of the hallway and found a door to the runway deck, where jets and helicopters landed. It was almost pitch black outside, except for a few lights, and I saw no one outside. I could hear the loud hum of the giant engins that kept this place floating and the gentle breeze ran through my hair. I closed my eyes and walked in the direction of the edge of the runway. When I got closer, I saw a figure, sitting alone and looking out into the dark sky. I quietly walked closer and saw that it was Loki, sitting on the concrete in a black long sleve shirt and black pants. I'm guessing it was the first layer of his usual extravagent outfit. He heard me and turned around, placing his hand where he was stabbed and soflty groaned at the pain of it, when he turned back to face the sky. I decided to sit next to him because I thought he needed company or really anything other than hate. Neither one of us said a word for a little while and enjoyed to peaceful nighttime together.

"Do you hate me?" Loki questioned. I was suprised he asked me that or really said anything at all.

"No. I guess not." I replied. "Why did you ask?" I wondered. He exahailed, which I could tell hurt his cut. He laughed a little too and took a second to answer me.

"Wait, you really don't hate me?" He asked again now looking at me. I shook my head no and kept my eyes on the night sky. It was a little chilly, as the cold night air blew threw my hair.

"Why?" Loki asked now very curious. I shrugged my sholders.

"I don't know. But I'm on your side." I assured him. I wasn't sure if I just promised to be evil with him or if I just promised to help him with whatever he's doing. Either way I was glad that I did and I think he was too. Nobody said anything again and we just listened to the calmness of the night. 

"What do you plan on doing next?" I asked Loki, very curious.

"Tag along I guess." He reveiled to me. "I truley do hope to take revenge on Thanos. I deserved to be leader and I deserve to be King. He betrayed me and I'll kill him for it." He told me. I kind of knew some of his background, between him and Thor, and I felt bad for him. I didn't know how to reply to what he told me, so I didn't.  We continued to sit in silence.

"So..... Are we.... um... a team? I guess?" I asked laughing and lightening the mood. Loki laughed too, I think glad that I asked.

"Sure." he replied, smileing at me. I decided to stand up and exhale a breath of smoke into the night.

"Good." I told Loki, and extended my arm to help him up. He gritted his teeth at the pain from where he was hurt, but I helped pull him up and to make it a little eaiser and walked with me anyway as we exited the runway and then to our seperate rooms. I still wasen't tired and I didn't want sleep. I had too much on my mind. Suddenly, I heard my phone ring on the side table next tome, making me jump at the sound. I had totally forgotten I even had that still but I reached for it anyway to see who was calling. It was Savannah from my group of friends. I was suppossed to spend the night with them all tonight, but I had a little change of plans. I don't know why but I answered it.

"Uh....hi..?"I spoke into the phone. I could tell it was on speaker phone and I'm guessing all the girls at the party were hudleing around it, waiting for me to explain myself and give them drama.

"Why the heck were you breathing smoke?! Who was that man?! Where are you?! We saw you on the news and we heard about New York being Taken over?! My aunt live there and told me she saw in on fire?!?! EXPLAIN PLEASE!!!" shouted the overly worked up Savannah, waiting for my answer. Where do I even start.I tried to remember her questions and answer them in order, giving her no more information than asked.

"My lungs are toxic/messed up, thats what they do. Um.. The man was Agent Coulson from S.H.E.I.L.D. . Yes? New York is being taken over. Yes, I was on fire, but I did it on purpose...it doesn't hurt me its what I do.... Um...I think thats all you asked." I told her and the teenage girls listening too. I heard more questions from diffrent voices behind her, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. "EXPLAIN WHY YOU WERE ON FIRE!!!" Shouted what I thought was the voice of the high-pitched Abbey.

"Alright...." I guess I DID owe them an explaination, but I didn't really feel like talking. "Uh okay. Remeber that fire a couple of years ago that I was in? Remember how they said my skin should have burned off of me? And how I should have died?" I asked them. I heard lots of girls say yeah or yes. "Well, because of the chemicals that started the fire, it turned my lungs toxic, causing me to breath smoke or fire whenever I please, and to create fire out of the palms of my hands. Oh and I chill out in fires a lot cause it feels awesome." I said, goofing around and not really taking them seriously.

"Your kidding..." said Abbey. I laughed, but quickly covered my mouth, forgetting that everyone in the rooms around me were still asleep.

"No, no I'm not kidding, listen just like, google me or watch the news or something if you want to know more. I've got to go." and I disconnected the call, leaving them with millions of more questions for me. I was tired of them and I knew they only really wanted to talk to me to get me to tell them something that the news couldn't. They lived for drama too, and I knew I was now going to be the big story between them all for a while. I exhailed another breath of smoke and a little fire and  burried myself in the covers of the bed, trying to fall asleep again.