0091

That night, Tweek left on a high note. He left feeling secure in his newly developed relationship with Craig, which, for a person tormented by crippling anxiety, was a relief for the mind. His absence left Craig with an undying need to be near him again, and because of that, he sensed things were finally falling into place between them.

The rest of the night was boring for Craig. He watched some television with his sister and Clyde, before being guilt tripped into blowing up the air bed for his unwell friend. After that, he was tired enough to endeavour an attempt at sleep, though, it was easier said than done, considering Clyde did nothing but toss and turn in his sleep, across the other side of the bedroom.

The ceiling became increasingly enticing, the more time Craig spent staring up at it. He'd stared at this exact ceiling so many times during his life, only now, it felt different. Before, he watched as the moon light eliminates the bedroom, enough to see the tiny lines speckled above his head. He'd ponder in silence, avoiding the gut wrenching ache he felt on a daily basis. So many times before, he forced his eyes to remain glued to the one spot that had a little mark, forever drawing in his attention as his fathers rough voice faded out into the background.

Now though, he stared up in content as he thought about the best thing that could've possibly happened to him. He questioned everything he'd done in life, that made him worthy to be admired by someone as gentle as Tweek. There wasn't a single thing he could think of that could explain why, because so far, for so long, all he'd done was make things harder for Tweek. It made him wonder why Tweek still saw a light in the darkness, but whatever the reason, Craig was glad for it.

The next day of school went by too incredibly slow for Craig's liking. He had no classes with any of his friends, and had to endure two hours of sitting behind Stan Marsh. It wasn't all that bad, though. He'd managed to catch up on his work, now that he had no distractions, which meant his teachers would finally get off his back.

It was later in the day, when things progressed. Both he and Clyde walked the bone dry streets, side by side, as the wind fought to make an appearance. The sun was lowering in the sky, and shades of blue and grey casted outwards. Neither of the friends were paying attention to the beauty of their surroundings though. Today, Clyde was feeling a little better, but his mood was below average as they made their way to his moms resting place.

Conversation wasn't flowing so easily between the two, but when they finally arrived at the graveyard, conversation was the last thing on either of their minds. Taking the lead, Clyde took calculated steps, following a path he'd taken so many times beforehand, whilst Craig idly followed behind. A wall of trees surrounded the area, making it a secluded moment, once they'd reached their destination.

With shaky eyes, Clyde looked over his shoulder to Craig, before looking back over to his mothers grave, presented a few meters away. "Would you mind waiting here?" He asked, with a slight crack in his voice.

"Yeah, sure thing." Craig nodded, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he waited by a tree. He tried to look elsewhere when Clyde shuffled closer to his moms grave. They'd stopped by the flower stall before coming over, and as Clyde crouched down, he gently laid them out for her.

"These are for you, mom." Clyde whispered as he forced his breathing to remain even. His eyes skimmed over the words engraved into her tombstone, breaking something inside his mournful being, once again. It was the same every year, never becoming any easier. Tears brimmed over his eyelids as he remembered her face, her voice, and her smile. "I miss you so much." He shakily sighed. "I really do."