0092

As the week went by, their time at high school was one step closer to coming to an end. It was a time filled with excitement and nerves for the future, but mostly, for some, it was a countdown of time left to spend with friends. Various parties were being planned during this time, but not everybody was keen on attending. Among those people, was Craig and Tweek. Both Clyde and Token had already made plans to go to Damion's house party tomorrow night, which meant the groups official, final night all together, was now.

They were all going to different colleges, some further away than others, which meant their time together would be strained. They were each going away to potentially start new lives for themselves. To meet new people, new friends. They all understood the pressures of college, and how busy they were soon to be, which is why they decided to band together, for one last time. Traveling to see each other, wasn't going to be easy. For Tweek, a drive back to Colorado was going to be at least six hours long, and he certainly hadn't the money to regularly make that trip.

The upcoming weeks were more than likely going to be an overwhelming time for some. Token's work standards were set to the very best, so during his remaining time at High School, he'd be too consumed with studying, to even consider hanging out. Then there was Clyde. He was still waiting to receive a letter about his scholarship, so in the meantime, he was wanting to get in enough practice to prove his worth. Finally, there was Tweek. His short time of absence had caused him to fall behind on his work, and if he was wanting to be accepted into Fort Lewis, then he had to catch up, quickly.

But now, as the group of friends shared one another's presence, thinking about college was far from their minds. They were over at Token's house, listening to him play a song on his acoustic guitar as he sits cross-legged on the singular seat. He was talented, and knew a variety of tunes. Tweek and Clyde were sprawled out on the carpet, playing cards, whilst occasionally looking up to watch as fingers plucked against the strings of the guitar in perfect sequence.

One thing that troubled Tweek's mind though, was how it had been four days since Eric Cartman had discovered their secret, yet, he hadn't spoken a word to any of their classmates about it. Sure, he made little remarks about it to either Craig or Tweek whenever he had the chance, but other than that, his lips were uncharacteristically sealed. The thought of him biding his time for the perfect moment, remained lodged in Tweek's subconscious, tormenting him whenever he'd see Eric. No matter how hard he tried to brush the thought aside, he couldn't. Tonight was supposed to be a time of fun and laughter, shared with his three best friends, however, Tweek was afraid his worries were going to ruin the night for everyone.

When Clyde chuckled to himself as he won over more of his opponents cards, Tweek glanced away out of boredom, to shortly watch as Craig lounged across the couch, with his attention on the phone in his hand. When he returned his stare back over to the game, Clyde was watching Tweek with a hint of amusement in his eye, before casually shuffling his cards.

"What?" Tweek raised a suspicious eyebrow.

"I didn't say anything." Clyde innocently replied, suppressing a grin as he focused on the frail cards in his hand. "It's your turn."

"Why're you looking at me like that? Is there something on me?"

"There's nothing on you, no."

"Then what is it?"

Silently, Clyde briefly glanced over to Craig, then back over to Tweek's impatient stare. He wasn't sure if it was his place to mention his knowledge of Craig's feelings for Tweek, and after the last time he'd spoken his mind about the subject, he was afraid of saying something wrong. There was no doubt that Clyde was happy for his friends, truly, he just couldn't help but feel concerned for the possibility of things going sour between them. "Just, look after him, yeah?" He mumbled beneath his breath.

At first, Tweek was confused, but then he noticed Clyde's eyes flickering to Craig once more, and suddenly it all made sense. Clyde knew. Eric knew, and now Clyde knew, too. Heat rushed to Tweek's cheeks as he became flustered, so rather than staring back at Clyde, he stared down at his sock covered feet. "What do you mean?" Tweek replied, low enough so not to allow the other two a chance of hearing. "He's not a child."

"I know," Clyde sighed, placing down one of his cards. "but he's not as tough as he makes himself out to be." The game continued with Tweek placing down a card of his own, whilst Clyde voiced his worries. "The way he was talking about you— it's just— I've never heard him talk about somebody like that. What're you going to do when you both leave for college?"

"I don't know..." Tweek admitted quietly. He wasn't sure why Clyde was being so defensive over Craig. He guessed with Clyde staying at Craig's house, that they'd come closer during that time, and it was true, they had. With Clyde living with Craig for a short time, for the both of them, it felt like having a brother of the sort. So when he finally goes back to his own home, it's likely to feel weird for the pair of them. "I'm not worried, though. Which is weird, since everything worries me."

"You're not?" Clyde wondered aloud.

"Nah," Tweek slightly smiled to himself, thinking back to how Clyde had mentioned Craig talking about him. "I'm not worried, at all."

By the end of the night, they'd each passed out, either on the couch, or on the carpet. All except Tweek, of course. He sat cross legged on the floor as he rested his back against the chair, with his eyes idly watching the television screen that played throughout the night. The light from the screen reflected back on his tired face as he failed at his attempts to sleep.

All he could do was think. Until Clyde had mention it earlier, Tweek hadn't thought about the fact he wouldn't get to see Craig every day. Now, unlike before, he was worried. He'd seen Craig almost everyday since they were kids, but soon, that wasn't going to be the case. Tweek was going to be alone in a foreign place, filled with people he doesn't know, and walls he's never seen, and the worst part about it, was how Craig wasn't going to be apart of it.

During his time of mental worrying, he hadn't noticed Craig stirring awake on the couch behind him. He hadn't noticed Craig tiredly watching him for a moment, or the hand that reached over, until it began to clumsily stroke at his hair. Tweek has always wanted Craig's fingers in his hair, and when they finally did, his eyes instinctively closed.

After a moment or so, the hand stopped in place to rest on the top of Tweek's head. At first, he thought nothing of it, but soon came to realise that Craig had fallen back to sleep, and any movements from himself, would likely result in the limp hand to fall from his head. The last thing Tweek wanted, was for Craig's hand to be moved, so he did his best to remain as still as possible, whilst his thoughts about leaving Craig, pained him to even consider.