Chapter Thirty Eight

Asteria stood in the perfect's bathroom, watching over the Marauders

Asteria stood in the perfect's bathroom, watching over the Marauders. Three of them sat quietly on the floor scrunching their eyes tightly shut whilst Remus leant against the sinks, chuckling to himself.

"It's not working." James grumbled, letting out a sigh of exasperation as he opened his eyes to look at the others.
"Oh I think we can all tell." Sirius replied.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm having the best time." Remus smirked to himself smugly.
"Shut up Moony. We're doing this for you." Sirius grumbled.
"Alright, calm down." Peter raised his eyebrows.

"You guys just need to focus. Don't try and force it; it should come somewhat naturally." Asteria spoke as if she knew what she was saying were true.
"Just because you could do it first time." James frowned, annoyed at his own incapability more than anything.

Asteria pursed her lips and looked over at Remus who was being no help whatsoever. "I don't know what to tell you guys." She admitted with a sheepish shrug, "The potion has to work because it did for me."

Peter took a deep breath and closed his eyes once more. This time, he didn't tense up or try to force anything. He concentrated on nothing else other than himself - drowning out the noise of motion of the surroundings. And, as if by magic, something happened.

"Pete!" Asteria clapped her hands together over her mouth.

Peter felt his body changing. He couldn't feel his school tie a little too tight around his neck or the uncomfortable shoes he was forced to wear. Then, where his hands had been resting on his knees, suddenly that feeling vanished. Peter opened his eyes, only to be met with the floor. He looked up to see the four others all gathered round and staring down at him. Sirius and James were clinging to each other and tried not to cry as they laughed so much. Asteria had her mouth half open as if she were about to say something whilst Remus didn't look surprised in the slightest.

"Oh this is hilarious." Sirius rolled his head back, "Peter, you've officially done the funniest thing I've ever seen."

"Wait." James abruptly gained composure of himself to turn to the others, "This is actually brilliant."
Sirius raised an eyebrow, "How is a rat going to help tame a werewolf?"

Peter nearly coughed on his own air as he remained down on the floor. He didn't really have much of an ability to twist his neck and see what he had become so he turned to look at his reflection in a puddle of water by the sinks. Believe it or not, his animagus was a rat. There was no way Sirius was ever going to let him live that down.

"Forget about that for a second." James waved his hand, "Peter can sneak into places... Like Filch's office, when we go pranking. This is brilliant!"
Asteria nodded thoughtfully, "You do have a point."