Chapter Thirty Nine

"I've got it!" Sirius exclaimed excitedly as he held his finger on a picture in the book he was holding

Asteria pulled her jumper over her head as she emerged from the toilet cubicle. They had been trying to figure out what species of bird Asteria's animagus actually was and this could only be identified when she was transformed.

"Well what is it?" Asteria asked, peering over Sirius' shoulder as he stood resting against the sinks.
"A hummingbird." Sirius showed her the picture in the book.
"A white one?" Asteria raised an eyebrow.
"Well clearly." He shrugged in response, handing the book over to Asteria.

"What exactly does a white hummingbird say about my personality?"

This was something that wouldn't be answered until much later. However the two swiftly forgot about it as they continued on with their day. Only a few hours later the memory had practically faded from their minds as they revised in the library.

Sirius reclined in his seat, watching Asteria pace back and forth in front of him. The OWL exams were certainly taking their toll on Asteria as she had been becoming increasingly on edge as they grew closer and closer.

"Okay, next question." Asteria called out, continuing to pace.

Sirius looked down at the small card in his hand, "What do venomous tentacula eat?" He read aloud.
Asteria furrowed her eyebrows, thinking before she answered "Chizpurfles?"

"Yup." Sirius replied happily, tucking that card away at the bottom of the pile and reading over the question on the next one.

"How many more of these to go?" Asteria asked, "I didn't realise there was so much Herbology to memorise."

"What question did we start on?" Sirius flicked through the cards.
"It was to do with Snargaluffs." Asteria nodded, trying to remember.

She felt as though her brain was turning to mush with all of the information she was trying to cram in.

"I think we've done them all then." Sirius looked up at her, "Are you feeling any more confident about these exams?"
"I guess a little." This was a lie.

"You'll do fine. You've revised loads more than me so when I pass, that means you'll get straight O's." He smiled reassuringly.
Asteria only hummed in response as she collapsed into the chair opposite.

Lily walked around one of the many bookshelves in the library to see Asteria and Sirius collapsed into chairs, surrounded by masses and mountains of books.
"Now this is something I never expected to see." Lily mused with a smile, "You know the Study Of Ancient Runes exam is going to start soon?"

Asteria gasped, jumping out of her seat in the sudden realisation, "God! God!" She shovelled books into her bag as Sirius watched with a flicker of amusement.