Chapter One

Hey lovelies! Here's the new and improved first chapter. If you've already read this story before, then you should know beforehand that it's the same story-line except there is going to be many differences and it's not going to be the exact same as the first draft. I'm older now and have more experience in writing, therefore I'm making this better. More fun, less boring. More exciting. More happiness. I'm just making a story I'm going to be proud of!
Hope you enjoy reading. :) <3

Chapter 1

It was a Monday morning, ninety-three degrees outside. To be perfectly honest, driving through Florida on our way to the airport couldn't have been any less painful and heart-wrenching than this. School had just ended about two months ago and summer was already flying by.

I couldn't stop thinking about my friends and how much I would miss having them by my side, even though I've never truly had a best friend before. I've never been one of the popular girls in high school considering I was always identified as the geeky girl who always had her head in a book, who sang in the school choir and then of course joined the drama club for two years in middle school. But with my timid and outright boring personal life outside of school, me not being in the crowd of cool kids definitely made sense. The truth is simple; I simply had nothing to do with my free time mostly because I didn't get into drugs and I was already an honor student, so I always stood off to myself.

I knew one thing that was for sure though - I was definitely going to miss the heat. I was going to miss the sun shining on my face, the afternoon thunderstorms that would come by a little bit after three o'clock every day, and the beautiful crystal clear water at the beach. I was going to miss the way the sunlight would sneak into my bedroom in the morning waking me up instead of having an alarm clock do it for me. I would miss lounging outside in my backyard with tanning lotion and oil that happened to cover my entire body, trying desperately for my pale skin to tan. I'd miss having picnics at the park with my sister Jamie, and rollerblading around the neighborhood in our bathing suits with our Ipod buds in our ears, singing songs at the top of our lungs as everyone drove by staring. There was not a day that would go by without us having the time of our lives.

I would most certainly miss having lemonade stands and getting all eyes on us by doing gymnastics on the front lawn, doing all kinds of flips and handstands. I'd miss a whole lot of stuff, but I knew that everything from this moment further was going to change. . . Big time. I knew my mother and father had their problems. I knew they didn't exactly get along the way most couples should, but I never let that stop me from loving them to death. Leaving my father was by far the worst part of this whole mess. I had goosebumps accepting the fact that I was leaving everything I loved behind.

So here we were on our way to changing our lives, just because my parents were going through their divorce. Their stupid uncalled for split up that I still couldn't get used to getting over. They argued every minute they were together but that still didn't mean moving all the way to Massachusetts was the best option. I could figure something out, possibly a way for me to ride my bike to my fathers' house, if we simply moved to another town. Now I would have to take a plane, and money put us in a very difficult situation.

The way my parents were acting was completely selfish, and I couldn’t believe that they had the audacity to let us see this. If they wanted to act like children and hold this stupid grudge over absolutely nothing, at this time it wasn't appropriate. Why would they want us to see how much they despised each other? Why was my mother so mean to my warm, kind, and loving father in front of us? Why were we even moving so far away in the first place?

There were so many questions I had and to be honest, it was exhausting just thinking about them. I was so scared for a reason that I couldn't understand. I was terrified that we would never be able to see our father again or that it would be the other way around and he wouldn't care about seeing us. Looking at my mom was really frightening. She seemed so different for the past few weeks, so different that it almost made me wonder. I prayed to God every night before bed hoping one day I would wake up and this would all just be a dream.