31. Living the American Dream

"Milan, is that country music?" Benny tried not to laugh as we started to arrange the drinks and snacks on the array of tables

"Yea!" He cheered as Benny snorted. "I secretly always wanted to try and live the American Dream, you know what I mean?"

Benny and I glanced at each other amused. "No sis, we don't know what the hell you mean." I couldn't help but laugh at Benny's response, making Milan speak again.

"Like I want to live in one of those super huge prairie houses and have a boyfriend that I can catch fish with." He dreamily looked up as Benny scrunched his face. "Then at night, we can lay down on a mattress that we set up at the back of his truck and watch the stars as we cuddle." He breathed.

"Huge prairie houses? You mean those old houses that slave masters used to live in back in the day?" Benny spoke as he kept his eyes at the table, making sure everything is ready.

"Yea!" Milan cheered as Benny and I rapidly turned towards him now. "I-I mean the style of the house of course, not for the fact that it's for slavery. Slavery was bad, I mean, slavery is still bad bu-" Benny quickly interrupted him.

"Milan chill, I get what you mean." Benny audibly tried to sound nice as he slowly turned towards me with a tilted head. "You planning to get fucked up tonight or you good?"

I tried to hide my smile as the country song continued to play in the background. "Is it bad that I kinda want to?" I bit my lip. "I mean, Jesse is gonna be with me the whole time so I should be alright, right?"

"Is Jesse gonna get fucked up too?" Benny asked.

"I honestly don't know." I slowly shook my head as I followed him out towards the pool.

"Hey Milan!" Benny exclaimed as my eyes caught sight of the gorgeously large and shimmering pool.

"Yea?" He exclaimed back from inside of the suite.

"Are you planning to let people swim tonight?" Benny looked up as he waited for a response.

"They can if they want to!" Milan responded loudly, a different country song now playing.

Benny quickly looked at me. "Milan's suite is gonna be so fucked up after the party tonight." He loudly cackled as he slowly clapped his hands. "I can't even imagine how bad it's gonna get."

"I know." I sighed as I looked back at the pool. "I don't really know how to feel yet. For some reason, I'm both scared and excited. I just don't want it to end up like the bonfire. I was so reckless and just really gross that night. It brought up so many problems for me and I don't ever want it to happen again."

"I can kinda relate." Benny shrugged as he pulled up his sleeves to quickly touch the water. "I just wanna end up hella trashy tonight. I know that sounds so bad and I know I'm 21 and gotta act my age, but I just don't give a single fuuuck!" He loudly let out, making me playfully roll my eyes.