Chapter 8 Doubts

Author note

Before we begin there is going to be songs and sadness in this story so be prepared and dont say i didnt warn you.

Your P.O.V

Varian was talking to me Raps and Cassandra about some crazy crystals that were heading towards old carona and possibly the kingdom of carona. The last thing you heard before you dissapeared into the castle that wasnt your voice echoing in the walls was Cass saying "actually thats not the first time me and Raps have heard or seen these." You just shook those words away as everything around you blurred. You got to your room and you grabbed your satchel and put some chemical compounds, ink and quills, gloves, a secret stash of candy and some rope in your sachel before heading out the door. You stop right outside you room and run back in to get your journal. At first you hesitate but you decide to flick through some of the back pages of your journal to look at your drawings. Your eyes land on one drawing in particular. The one you drew a few nights after Quirin seperated you and varian, one where varian shrugs you off as his dad drags you away from him.

Memorie lap

"Im sorry but i have no choice other than to seperate the both of you. You are a dangerous pair. You wont stop harming the people of this town." "Dad you cant just seperate your only families only friend." Varian says holding your hand.

The emotion as varian held your hand when Quirin tries to seperate the two of you still as clear as day to this day and then how varian just shrugs you off like an old toy he liked but then got over and thought was babyish that haunts you to see how easy he got over you. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you remember how he flirted with Cassandra on the day of the science expo. 'Do i have a crush on varian. No i cant hes my best friend, friends cant love friends like more than friends right?' (If that doesnt make sence then think of it this way. 'friends cant love eachother more than just friends right' if that doesnt make sence. (Now that i see it i dont even understand it) im sorry because those are the only ways i can put it so put on those shades and DEAL WITH IT)
Arianna comes in the room and knocks on the door frame. You wipe away the tears that consumed your face and you look up at her. She walks over to you, hugs you and comforts you by saying,"Ill be right here for you when you decide to come back. I promise." then she hands you a locket with a picture of you Cassandra, Rapunzel and Varian hugging and laughing that rapunzel drew. You put it on around your neck, then you put your journal in your satchel and head out to the stables. Varian, Rapunzel and Cassandra were waiting for you next to Maximus and Clara at the stables. You get on maximus and Varian gets on Clara. Rapunzel looks up at you and wispers "Tell him, it will make you feel better, believe me i know. Varian will like you the same way i promise. Me and Eugene had the same relationship" She says as she points to Eugene who is coming out of the castle. You get off maximus and hug Rapunzel. "But what if he doesnt like me back, then stops being my friend and shrugs me off like a year ago." You say into her neck hopeing that she didnt hear, but since she has some sort of super hearing she replies with, "then me Cass Eugene and Max will be here to help you and to support you. Now go and help Old Carona." You jump back on Maximus and give Cass a 'please protect raps at all costs and ill see you soon, i promise' look and then rode off with Varian to old Carona.

Rapunzels P.O.V

I look up at Y/N and wispers "Tell him, it will make you feel better, believe me i know. Varian will like you the same way. Me and Eugene had the same relationship." I said this mainley because it was obvious that she liked Varian. Like everytime they gave eachother compliments they would blush super bright. It was soo cute seeing young love grow. I point to Eugene who was coming out of the castle. Y/N gets off maximus and hugs me. "But what if he doesnt like me back, then stops being my friend and shrugs me off like a year ago." She says full of doubt into my neck probably wanting me not to hear, but i reply with. "then me Cass Eugene and Max will be here to help you and to support you. Now go and help Old Carona." She gets back on Maximus then looks at Cassandra. I whisper to Maximus. "Protect her with your life and bring her back when she needs it ok." He naes in return. Y/N and Varian head out of the castle grounds and then Eugene says to me and cass. "Are you a bit curious to see if she will confess." "AM I!" I yell very giddy. Mom walks out and hears our conversation. Then strangly like they had the same though Mom and Cass said at the same time. "No lets not get in the way."