XXII

Raen's PoV

I roll over in the bed, waking up from sun light streaming through the window and hitting me in the face. I let out a yawn as I bring my hand out to reach for Keylin only for my fingers to come into contact with the pillow. I frown at this and blink open my eyes.

Was he gone to breakfast already?

I sat up in bed and brought a hand up to run through my dark brown almost black hair. Looking around the room with furrowed brows as I scrambled my brain to recall the memories of yesterday.

How did I get here? The last memory I could recall was training yesterday but that's...it?

Something didn't sit right with me as I frowned and narrowed my eyes down at the bed sheets in thought.

Where is Keylin?

I untangle the bedsheets from around my body and get to my feet, stretching in confusion as I desperately try to cling to a memory from yesterday. What did I even have for dinner?

I look down at the floor and frown when I notice some clothes scattered on the floor and desk. Frowning, I pick up my belt and move to the desk where a white shirt was flung lazily. I pick it up but my stomach drops when I notice blood splatters on the front and inside of it. My heart was beginning to beat rapidly and I didn't know what was going on. Why was there blood on my shirt?

"Keylin.." I breath out in worry. Where was he? I needed to find him. Maybe he has answers to
my questions.

I quickly grab my jeans from yesterday, buckling my belt and yanking open the chest to grab a black shirt. Throwing it on over my head as I walk towards the bathroom.

I was that much in thought, I didn't register that the door was locked and my face plants against the wooden oak. A certain area on my face paining and I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. Moving to touch my face but when I take my hand away from the door handle, it groans and breaks in my hand.

I bring the handle up to my face to inspect in confusion, turning to look at the door fully which I had failed to notice was hanging on it's last life. There were dents in the wood, the hinges looked like they would snap off at any moment.

I frown at the dents in worry. Not understanding if an animal or person did this. It looked to be done in blind rage. What happened yesterday that I can't remember?

I shakily bring my hand up to close around one of the dents that looked to be made by a fist and let out a gasp when the dent matches the shape of my knuckles.

I quickly bring my hand down and step away from the door in concern and fear before quickly going to the door of the room and walking over to Malakei's door.

I knocked hurriedly as I stepped back and brought a hand up to run over my face, trying not to glance back at the bathroom door incase it did fall off its hinges.

Maybe Keylin was with Malakei.

"Malakei?" I question in confusion before opening his door slightly.

"Mal?" I question again loudly as I make my way into the room only to find it empty and void of Keylin or Malakei.

I move forward slowly to Malakei's bed, sitting down on it with furrowed brows as I try to recall what happened yesterday and where everyone could be.