FOUR.

FOUR.
( DERRY'S HISTORY )

❛ NOT COOL AT ALL. ❜

VERA NOLES—

VERA NOLES—

"Wow," Richie exclaimed as the kids walked into Ben's room. His room was filled with papers hung up on his wall. Vera watched as the kids dispersed around the room.

"Cool huh?" Ben smiled at Richie, only to be let down when he replied "No, no. Nothing cool." Vera rolled her eyes. "Don't listen to him, It's fascinating."

Stanley walked up to where Vera was looking. He pointed at a picture on the wall. "What's that?"

"That? That's the charter for Derry Township." Ben walked over to where Vera, Stan, Eddie, and Richie stood in a line staring at the wall. "HA, nerd alert." Richie joked adjusting his glasses.

"No, actually it's really interesting. Derry started as a beaver trapping camp." Ben started only to be interrupted by Richie. "Still is am I right boys?" He raised his hand for a high five from Eddie or Stanley who just stared at him blankly.

"91 people signed the charter that made Derry, But later that winter they disappeared without a trace." Ben continued telling the group. "The entire camp?" Eddie asked in disbelief.

Ben nodded. "There were rumours of Indians but no sign of an attack. Everybody just thought it was a plague or something but it's like one day everybody just woke up and left. The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well-house."

"Jesus. Derry can go on unsolved mysteries." Richie brought up, shocked at what Ben said. Bill spoke up from the opposite side of the room from the majority of the group. "W-where is the Well house?" The entire group looked over at their friend. "I don't know, somewhere in town I guess." Ben shrugged at the boy who'd asked him the question. "Why?"

"Is Vera home? It's really important." Stanley eagerly asked her Gran who was standing in front of them. She shook her head smugly. "Sorry, she's not home at the moment. Even if she was she wouldn't be allowed out with you boys." She spat out at the group of boys who'd shown up at her house.

"P-please, when she gets home tell her to m-meet us at B-beverly Marsh's house. It's really important, you don't understan-" The woman cut off the stuttering boy. "I will not allow my granddaughter to be seen with a bunch of boys and that dirty Marsh girl. She has enough filth around her name I will not allow it to become a habit."

"But miss, they're just rumours... None of that is true. We never did anything with your granddaughter!" Stanley was getting anxious. They'd promised to meet Beverly at her house since she'd said it was an emergency and Carol was holding them back.

"ENOUGH!!! Vera will not be coming out with you... That is final." As she was about to slam the door a petite girl snuck through to the other side. "Go, go, go!" She yelled at the boys. They sprinted down the driveway as Carol chased them down the street.