XXIV

Raen had held me that night in the hospital bed as I cried silently beside him, letting my emotions of how I truly felt about tomorrow morning out.

None of this was fair. I was being forced to face too many of my deepest fears and nightmares all in one so suddenly. The fear of looking that hazel eyed monster in the eye again, of losing Raen and of course the nightmare that still haunts me to this day. The place known as hell.

The Sky Lanes dungeons. I was going back.

I cried into Raen's chest at the thought but I knew that I had to go. I had to go to at least try to save Raen and everyone else in Gonora if I succeed but there was a slim chance. He will be angrier than ever the minute he sees me and I don't think the crusty ancient cells of the dungeons will hold him down, when it comes to that, I know that I will then be faced with losing my lover..the one person that holds my heart. What was left of it at least.

Raen cried silently as he listened to my wails during the night, clutching me close to him as he stained my back with his tears. Keeping in his anger and frustration in case he accidentally let the beast out.

Raen didn't want this but he knew deep down that he had to. Out of all the possibilities that could happen tomorrow, there may be one chance. One hopeful outcome that could lead us to victory.

What do I even say to him when we meet again? I can't just go around demanding someone as evil spirited as him to talk with me. His version of talk would probably be choking me as he brutally had his way with me. Painfully.

The thought made me shake in fear. Everything horrible that could happen may come through. I guess I would lose everything tomorrow where it all started to go downhill, in that fucking dungeon.

I didn't sleep that night. Only falling in exhaustion for an hour before Raen is shaking me awake carefully. Telling me that we needed to go.

Vixen had made the mistake of telling Malakei about what we were planning on doing today so it's no surprise that he bursts into the room with an angry tear stricken expression. Knowing that I had made up my mind, he doesn't argue or try to stop me.

"You're not going back there alone. I'm going with you."

He had said before taking me in a hug. Sending me some relief but it was squashed by the thought of Malakei's life being in danger.

I didn't argue nor did he. We went with it.

We walked in silence as we headed to the familiar dungeons. Our steps hitting the concrete floor filling the silence around the three of us. The walk outside as we continued along back-ways to the familiar dungeons was long. It felt like it went on forever without end. Once we were out of sight from the citizens view and began venturing to the outskirts, dark and with little people around. I could see why it was secluded the way it was; I just wasn't sure if it was to keep the prisoners away from the city or the city away from the prisoners, away from the tortures and evil that was going on right under their noses.

My heart constricted when we came close to the familiar steps Malakei and I had ran up when we escaped from the torture. I could still feel the way the sun had touched my skin for the first time in days. I cast my eyes up, the gnawing feeling and thoughts making their way to my curiosity. Could this be the last time I saw the sun if things happened to go downhill? To die in a place so dark that even light couldn't reach it?