51- Venus's Dislike For Tea

The next night a yawning Venus arrived at Umbridge's office expecting to be made to write more lines.

But the quill and parchment were nowhere in sight. Instead a cup of tea was sat in front of Venus's chair.

Professor Snape stood in the corner of the office, looking very out of place among the pink office.

Umbridge sat in her chair, smiling at Venus.

"Sit Miss Black." Umbridge told her, Venus noted that she addressed her just as Black.

Venus sat down into her chair.

"Drink up Miss Black." Umbridge gestured to the tea.

"Um, no thanks, I'm not thirsty."

"Drink up Miss Black." Snape repeated.

Venus looked from one teacher to the other and worked out what was going on.

The drink had some kind of potion in it. It would make her tell Umbridge everything that she knew. And Snape was in on it. He was helping her.

Venus unwillingly reached for the cup and took a sip.

Umbridge watched her until she had finished the entire cup.

"Lovely." Umbridge smiled, "now Miss Black can you tell me where your father is."

"The Burrow." Venus said. Whatever potion Umbridge had given her seemed to have no effect on Venus.

"Your other father if you don't mind." Umbridge pursed her lips.

"I don't know." Venus replied, "I only ever met him once. The night that I got this." She gestured at her scar.

"What exactly happened that night?" Umbridge asked.

Venus grit her teeth. "Professor Lupin transformed. He attacked me, but was pulled away by something before anything else could happen. I don't know what."

Umbridge regarded Venus for a while. "Where is Sirius Black?" She asked.

"I don't know." Venus repeated.

"Is Dumbledore forming a private army?" she pressed.

"No." Venus replied.

"Very well." Umbridge smiled, "you may leave. Professor Snape, could you escort her back to her dormatry."

"Of course." Snape drawled.

They left Umbridge's office in silence, they were well on their way before Snape spoke.

"Miss Black you are very lucky that the wolfsbane potion makes veriterserum useless." His voice was barley audible. "Next time you may not be so lucky."

"Is that a threat sir?" Venus raised an eyebrow.

"I mean to say," Snape hissed as they approached the Gryffindor portrait hole. "I would not object to the ministry recapturing your father."

Venus climbed into the common room quickly, and was in bed not long later.

********

There was a Hogsmead visit a few weeks later and Hermione had invited lots of people to meet her, Harry and Ron in the Hog's Head to discuss the prospect of them all learning Defence Against The Dark Arts from Harry.

Neville accompanied Ginny, Mali and Venus out of the castle. He and Venus walked a few steps behind the other two girls.

"I'm going to fail my OWLs." Neville confessed.

"No, you'll pass Herbology." Venus pointed out, "if there's anything you need help with I can give you a hand."

"Are you any good at Transfiguration?" Neville asked, "my Gran will kill me if I don't get at least an E in it."

"Transfiguration just so happens to be my best subject." Venus said proudly.

"You don't mind do you?" Neville scratched his head. "I mean if you don't-"

"Of course I want to help you Neville," Venus rolled her eyes, "plus like I said, I owe you one for the help you gave me last year. But I'll have you try and keep out of detention with Umbridge."

"She really doesn't like you, huh?"

"She tried to use veriterserum on me, to find out where my dad is, luckily it didn't work because of my-" she stopped herself. She had been about to slip up and tell Neville that she was a werewolf.

"Your what?" Neville prompted her.

"-my dislike for tea. I hate the stuff, I poured it on the floor so I didn't have to drink it." 

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx