Chapter Forty

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 40. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand. ***   

Chapter Forty – Hunger

"F*ck, I can smell how aroused you are, Luna." He growls lowly, his hands tightening on the steering wheel to the point where his knuckles turn white.

"S-Sorry!" I squeak, my cheeks feeling like they are on fire.

He sighs as he slows the car to a stop when the traffic lights turn red, turning to face me. Leaning forward, he grips my chin and turns my head so that our lips meet for a quick second, his lips lingering before he pulls away completely. He stares at me but I feel like he's not really with me, lost in his thoughts instead.

"I don't know what I'd do if I lost you, Luna." He murmurs quietly, almost like he is talking to himself.

"Kaden...why are you saying that?" I frown, wondering why his mood changed suddenly.

"Huh? Nothing, no reason." He snaps out of it, accelerating when the light turns green.

"Is this about the meetings? Is everything okay?" I ask quietly, playing with the strap of my bag.

His hand intertwines with mine, making me look up to see a smile on his lips. Yet, his eyes are still guarded like they are hiding something for my peace of mind. I rest my head back, squeezing his hand reassuringly.

"Everything is going to be fine, sweetheart." He whispers, brushing his lips against my knuckles as he focuses on the road again.

The rest of the journey back home is quiet with Kaden driving whilst I try not to worry about his previous words. I pray that everything will be okay and that the Council won't trouble him. He doesn't deserve to pay for his late father's actions. Kaden is pure and good, a stark contrast to the stories I have heard about his father.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I end up jumping in surprise when he shakes me. Looking around in confusion, I realise that we have arrived at the Romanov's house, the car parked outside the huge mansion. I follow Kaden's actions and exit the car, meeting him at the front. He drapes his arm across my shoulders and pulls me close as we walk into the quiet house.

The lights are all off but Kaden guides us to our room perfectly because of his enhanced eyesight. A yawn escapes me as we walk in, the sound of the door closing behind me echoing in the room as I take a seat on the couch. Taking off my heels, I rub my sore feet, relieved that I could finally be comfortable.

I walk over to the vanity table, taking out the numerous pins in my hair and letting my dark brown strands fall past my shoulders. My jewellery follows suit and I turn around only to see that Kaden has not moved from his position by the door. I focus on his hand that locks the door, a sharp click making my stomach flip.

I then remember his words from last night, the restaurant and the car.

I laugh nervously, gulping when his eyes darken as they roam over my figure, a bright gold hue entrancing me. I knew exactly what that colour meant and it only made my heart race in anticipation. He slowly makes his way towards me, like a predator caging in his prey. With each step he takes, I take a step back until I realise that I am backed up against the wall.

Before I can move away, Kaden's arms cage me in. My breath hitches when he leans down, his left hand sliding down to rest on my waist. Abruptly, he smashes me against his chest making a soft cry escape my lips. A sensation of extreme pleasure courses through my body when his lips meet my mark, sucking and biting it.

I hold onto him, struggling to stay upright, struggling to breathe as he pays attention to my mark. Our bond is humming in delight over the contact. Suddenly, I am picked up and placed on his waist. I wrap my arms around his neck as he walks over to the bed, placing me on the edge.

***

He chuckles lowly, lying beside me on his side and pulling me close so that my head is tucked under his chin. I moan sleepily as he caresses my hair, his other arm resting across my bare waist. My fingertips trail across his chest, playing with his dark chest hairs before wandering down to his defined, hard abs.

He catches my hand, kissing my knuckles lazily before placing it right over where his heart beats underneath. "You might want to stop that if you're too tired for another round."

I blush, glancing up at him to see his eyes filled with adoration. He gets off the bed and makes his way into the bathroom, coming back with a towel to clean my body before throwing it away. 

"Do I have to be naughty to receive a punishment?" I mumble sleepily, turning to look at him with half open eyes.

A thunderous growl escapes his lips, echoing in the quiet room. Sliding under the covers, he pulls the blanket up to our shoulders as I cuddle closer. I giggle, squirming in his hold when he nips at my mark playfully. His eyes are still blue but stormier with lust now that I confessed to liking his punishment.

"My little vixen." He murmurs, his thumb rubbing circles into my hip.

"Goodnight Kaden, I love you." I yawn, my eyes closing of their own accord, not being able to stay awake any longer.

"I love you more, Luna. Sweet dreams." He pecks my lips before settling against me, holding me protectively. 

Please vote and comment

Next update: Tuesday!

- R.W.