Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Forty-One – Without You.

I had just finished showering and dressing when I walk out of the bathroom to see Kaden sitting on the edge of the bed. Vulcan had requested his presence at a meeting with the older members of the pack, apparently the Council had called ahead of time.

He looks up at me as I step in between his legs, running my fingers through his dark hair. His eyes close in satisfaction as he leans forward so that his head rests against my stomach.

"Are you okay?" I ask quietly, wondering why there were emotions such as pain, fear and anger coming through our bond.

He nods, wrapping his arms around my waist. I shake my head when I see Kaden's suitcase waiting to be packed. He is so lazy sometimes. I pull away when I see that there is only thirty minutes left before we need to leave for the airport.

"Kaden, we'll be leaving soon. I told you to pack your things." I huff, making my way to the wardrobe and grabbing his clothes.

I jump in surprise when I turn to see that he is standing right behind me, a troubled look on his face. He takes his clothes and tosses them on a nearby chair making me frown.

"No." Kaden utters quietly, a hard look in his eyes. "You are going back Luna, not me."

"What?"

"The Council is going to investigate everyone who makes regular contact with me, it's going to be gruelling. I can't put you through that so you need to stay away for a few weeks -"

"No, Kaden I -"

"I found you after I moved to Berlin. Everyone else has known me longer. They won't question you about anything because I only told you recently of what I am." He runs a hand through his hair in frustration, stepping away.

"I'm not leaving!" I state firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.

He growls loudly, blue eyes flashing dangerously. "I don't want you hurt, Luna. A war could break out and I'd rather have you far away from it."

"Please Kaden," I plead, walking up to him and taking his hands in mine. "I don't want to leave you."

"And you think I want this?" He sighs, rubbing his face tiredly. "As much as I don't want you to leave, I also can't stand to see someone hurting or taking you away from me."

"Kaden -"

"I'm ordering you to leave Luna, what part do you not understand?!" He growls angrily, making me flinch in response.

I walk up to him till we're chest to chest, our breaths mingling together. "You may be an Alpha and I may be your mate but let's make one thing very clear. You can't order me around."

"I am trying to protect you." He grits out, eyes burning in anger as he stares down at me.

"Yeah? Let's see how long that works out for you because it sure as hell won't be me who's going to come crawling back." I mutter angrily, marching to where my suitcase lay opened.

"Obviously not since you'll have to catch a flight – ow! What the hell, Luna?!" He snarls defensively, glaring between me and the shoe I threw at him.

"Don't try to be funny when I'm mad at you." I seethe, throwing the other shoe at him also.

"Stop it." He growls warningly, catching it mid-air.