Enter Justice League

[Edited April 18, 2023]

Nico had a distinct feeling that his life was about to get very complicated. Percy's disappearance had to mean something. There was no way any mortal could have taken him, was there? It had to be something mythological. It had to mean something. That's what the fates like to do. They like to mess with the Son of Hades' brain. He did not appreciate it as it made things a whole lot harder for Nico.

For one, he would have to move Hazel a whole lot sooner than he thought he would. If this was the start of something big, he needed to get her to safety while he still had the chance. Though he still had some questions and reservations, it was clear that he couldn't waste any more time. He needed answers to the questions that he still had about the Romans, the Roman camp, and the protocols that he would have to follow and he needed them soon.

The night before, Bruce had kept him up late to retell the story about his trip to the Underworld and about the godly foods. When he finally did go to bed, he fell asleep fairly easily and woke up really early this morning so that he could move Hazel quickly. Nico shadow traveled to toxic acres and quickly made his way to Ivy's place. He had to hurry before the Wayne's noticed that he was missing. He didn't like sneaking out, but he couldn't exactly explain Hazel to them yet. They wouldn't understand and it would put the daughter of Pluto in danger-- well more danger than she already was.

The lights were already on when he arrived. Who knew that Ivy was such an early riser? The son of Hades knocked on her surprisingly solid door and waited impatiently for Ivy to open it. When she did, she was wearing a really short pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Her hair was in curlers and she was holding a cup of coffee. She was barely awake, which would be dangerous for the person who bothered her, usually. The children of death were the exceptions, apparently.

Ivy didn't say anything-- probably too tired anyway, and just let him in. Nico moved down the hall to Hazel's room and knocked on her door. There was a noise from inside followed by a 'just a moment!'. A couple of minutes later Hazel opened the door. She wore jeans that were baggier than most kids wore nowadays and a ratty Metallica t-shirt that was probably Ivy's. It looked good on her, the light grey material contrasted nicely with her skin.

"Nico? What's up?" Hazel yawned and stretched, moving past him and into the hall. Nico followed her back into the kitchen. Once she had grabbed a decent breakfast and was sitting at the table eating, Nico explained the situation. Nico told her about his friend's disappearance and how he needed to move her now while he still could. He figured he'd be pretty busy soon.

"So hold up, you want to take her to California? Just how are you planning on doing that?" Ivy cut in, reminding the two that she was still there.

"I have my ways," Nico said cautiously. Just because he liked Ivy doesn't mean that it was smart to let her in on everything. She was still a supervillain after all. If he couldn't tell Bruce, then he certainly couldn't tell Ivy.

"Now that, I believe." Ivy agreed, finishing off her coffee. Luckily she didn't press the issue.

"Where am I supposed to go once I get there?" Hazel asked, taking a bite of her cereal.

"I'm not sure but I know some people we could ask. One of them won't be too happy about it but they might help." Hazel nodded, though she didn't seem all that reassured.

"Alright, let me get my things. Thank you, Ivy! You've been such a great host." Hazel hugged the plant woman and left for her room. Once she left, Ivy glared and pointed at him with one of her manicured nails,

"You keep her safe, you hear? She's family now too." She threatened, somehow scarier when she was tired. Nico nodded solemnly. A short while later, Hazel came out with a small pack. It was old and probably Ivy's. The pair left toxic acres and hid in an alleyway nearby. It was there that Nico used a broken bottle to create a rainbow while Hazel stood guard at the end of the alley. He had no idea where to take her so he had to call for help. Unfortunately, this help would come from his father.