Chapter 6

With the arrival of morning, Roy felt somewhat better, albeit still weak. Ed, who had stayed up all night watching over him, noticed Roy's discomfort. Roy whimpered, acknowledging Ed's sleepless night. Ed reassured him, "Are you okay, Roy?" Roy responded, "I'm... I just have this sick feeling in my stomach." Ed nodded understandingly and suggested, "Alright, love, let me try rubbing your stomach to see if it helps." Roy agreed, saying, "Okay, Ed, give it a try." Ed, with utmost care, gently massaged Roy's stomach to soothe his discomfort. Roy lay back, closing his eyes, and drifted back to sleep. Ed smiled tenderly at him, ensuring his rest was undisturbed, and eventually fell asleep himself.

Later in the day, Roy woke up and decided to take a shower. Ed, waking up to find Roy in the shower, took it upon himself to prepare some food for both of them. Roy finished his shower and found Ed waiting for him. Ed walked up and kissed Roy's cheek, asking, "How's my little one?" His gaze shifted to Roy's belly. Blushing slightly, Roy replied, "Our baby is hungry, that's all. And we should start thinking of names soon." Ed smiled in agreement, saying, "Yes, we should. Please have a seat." Roy sat down, and they began to share a meal. Once Roy finished, he mentioned, "I'm going to go out on the porch for a bit." Ed nodded, reminding him, "Yell if you need any help, okay, love?" Roy replied, "Yeah, okay." As Roy settled on the porch swing, gently rubbing his stomach, he winced and began to experience pain. Promptly, he called out to Ed, "Come here for a minute!" Concerned, Ed rushed to his side, asking, "What's wrong, Roy?" Roy explained, "I'm feeling pain from sitting here on the swing. Help me up." Ed quickly assisted him, carefully guiding him inside to sit on the couch. Ed's protectiveness over Roy remained unwavering, ensuring his comfort and well-being at every moment.