After all these years

This was requested by @brinacarpx Warning: this has mentions of rape and abuse. If you are triggered by these things then I suggest you skip this chapter.
____________________________
Maya leaned down and kissed her daughter on the head as she finished tucking her in for the night.

"Mommy?" Maya turned around as she was about to head out the door and smiled at her little girl.

"Yes, baby girl?" She asked.

"Lucy and Mason have a daddy. So does every other kid at school. Why don't I have a daddy?" Maya's heart broke for her daughter. 

"Addy, we talked about this." Maya comforted her daughter as she went back over to the bed and sat down beside her daughter laying figure.

"I know. I just want a daddy so bad. Uncle Lucas plays with Lucy and Mason every time he comes home. They run up to him and give him kisses and hugs. I want that." Addy's figure started to shake as she started to cry. Maya's wanted to break down and start crying for her daughter. Her heart went out to her four year old as are remembered what it was like for her when her real father walked out on her.

"Someday, baby your going to have the best daddy in the world." Maya promised her child. Addy cried even more as she clung onto Maya. Maya held her daughter in her arms while whispering to her that everything would be okay. Finally about ten minutes later, Addy had cried herself to sleep and Maya laid her back down on the bed and repositioned the covers over her. She left the door cracked before leaving and going into the living room.

Maya pored herself a glass of juice, swearing off alcohol after what happened that night, and sat down on the couch while staring at a blank tv. Memories of that night came running back to her as she closed her eyes and tried to block it out. Maya had thought about going back to drinking but knew that it wasn't the best thing for her or her daughter. As she was just about to doze off on the couch a knock on the door came. Maya looked at the time on her phone and widened her eyes at the time. Who the heck could be knocking on her front door this late? She got up and walked over to the peep hole.

Maya stepped away from the door with wide eyes as she recognized the person on the other side. She hadn't seen him in almost 7 years, since he graduated college. Maya took a deep breath before answering the door and awaiting the person outside to answer.

Joshua Matthews felt his insides start to do backflips and summersaults as he looked up and saw Maya for the first time in years. Neither of them said anything, they were both to speechless. Josh had rehearsed what he was going to say to her over and over again on his way over but, now that he was standing in front of her he was at loss for words.

There she stood. In a pair of sweat pants, tank top, hair in a bun and no makeup. To Josh, she had never looked better.

"Hi." She broke the silence when she realized he wasn't going to. Josh smiled as he let out a big breath.

"Hey." He replied. Maya was so shocked that he was even standing here. She wanted to pinch herself. "Can I come in?" He asked. Maya stood there for a second trying to comprehend everything before she answered. Finally she shook out of her trance and stepped out of the way.

"Y-yeah, of course!" She exclaimed. Josh walked past her and started to look around her place. He smiled when he realized there were no pictures of any guys in her house, except for the obvious ones of Farkle, Lucas and Zay.

Maya closed the door and turned around to face him. He wasn't paying attention to her, but to a picture collage that Riley had made her in their junior year of college with all of their friends over the years. She took this opportunity to look him over. He had gotten more muscular over his time of being away, he was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans with a red button up shirt and a black blazer jacket. The same haircut he had in college which made Maya bite her lip and look down. He looked good, better than good.