HAND ME MY PANTS

Keagan

For the past four days I've been a complete mess.

I've been pretty good at hiding it, but Jamison can definitely tell. Though I feel guilty for freaking out like I did, I'm kind of glad I did. Jamison doesn't pry as to why I escape to the bathroom and hide out in the shower for an hour, he doesn't question me when I ask him to sleep by me, and he doesn't make fun of me for just staying in bed.

I hated this though. I hated this feeling of drowning in my own self pity and the vulnerability.

So as you can imagine, my man hood was pretty badly damaged and it was hard to bring myself back from that. I tried going to the gym but ended up crying in the shower long after everyone else was gone. I tried fixing the sink in mine and Jamison's dorm, but ended up putting a hole in the wall from frustration.

Jamie didn't say a single thing though. He just pulled me into bed and turned on a movie and held me until I was calm again.

To say he was what was keeping me sane after I broke down my own walls was an understatement.

"I don't know what to do Joyce." I groaned as I rubbed my eyes in frustration from having to re-tell everything that happened again.

"Sounds to me like my baby boy Keagan got bitten by a love bug." She laughed as my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"Shut the hell up." I said, half jokingly.

"No! Open your eyes you little shit and look at what's in front of you!" She said as she nearly pushed me out of my chair beside her. "He calms the chaotic ocean in your mind, he can handle you at your worst, and he's cute."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, of course Joyce would jump straight to me being in love. That was just her nature.

"Fine. Don't believe me? Try saying his name without smiling." She pursed her lips and waited as I readied myself.

"Ja-" She held her hand up and started laughing.

"Oh Keagan, you couldn't even get past the first two letters." I looked at her in disbelief and confusion. "Don't believe me? Go try it out by yourself later tonight. You'll see what I mean."

"Alright Joyce, I'll try your stupid little trick." I said, a little more mockingly than I meant to. "I'll let you know how it goes."

She waved her hand dismissively, clearly done with my shit so I left. Of course I gave her a hug of sorts, but I didn't loiter around after that.

Never piss off a woman like Joyce. I've never personally done it, but I've seen big momma mad... And we'll just leave it at that.

When I got back to the dorm, Jamison was feverishly looking for something. I normally wouldn't think too far into it, but he was literally tearing apart the room.

"Whoa whoa whoa." I laughed as I stepped over the mess he was making. "Cool your jets hot stuff. What's going on?"

He shot me a slight glare before putting his hands on his hips and sighing. "I have a midterm in less than four days. Where is my book?"

Of course I knew he was asking that more rhetorically than actually at me, but I couldn't help but shrug.

"Which book?" I asked after getting a more intense glare.

"It's the huge blue Psychology one."

"Oh, that's on top of the microwave."

"It's what?!" He asked as he staggered across his mess over to the microwave. "Why the hell is it here?!"