𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO ( the mortal cup, part ii )

CHAPTER TWO
( the mortal cup, part ii )

If there's one thing Jax hated about the Pandemonium, it was the music. Not only was the club blasting the music in a ridiculously loud volume, Jax had a certain dislike for modern music as he described it to be a 'horrendous piece of crap'. He wouldn't have minded if he was wasted, but he had to be sober when he was working and so it made his werewolf ears uncomfortable.

The club was ridiculously crowded tonight and though other workers were glad because it meant that they'd get more money, Jax just grumbled at the thought of having to deal with more drunk Downworlders than usual.

His coworker, Ethan, often teased him for being a hypocrite because he himself was usually found in scenes like this but Jax never threw a tantrum when he demanded for another drink-unlike the vampire in front of him.

Jax hated working in the Pandemonium, but he had no other choice. Other Downworlders live in groups like how vampires have covens and werewolves have their own packs, so they never really needed a job since they have each other to rely on. But no pack would accept him.

They say he's dangerous, they feared that he might hurt them. And so Jax had to fend for himself. Luckily for him, Jocelyn was kind enough to give him a place to stay, but he didn't want to live in her apartment and eat her food just like that. He had to at least be able to pay her back for what she's given him.

The large crowd of people had just started to disperse from the bar and into the dance floor when his eyes landed on a familiar looking mundane. "Simon? What the hell are you doing here?"

He could see Ethan looking curiously at him out of the corner of his eye, probably wondering why he was talking to a customer since he usually doesn't do that. But Jax kept his gaze on Simon, who had never looked more relieved to see him.

"Didn't Clary tell you we're taking her out tonight?!" He shouted over the music even though Jax could hear him perfectly clear due to them only being separated by the counter.

"Yeah, but by 'taking out' I assumed to the movies. Or a restaurant. But certainly not to a club where she could get attacked by horny guys!"

Or even worse, demons and drunk Downworlders. He sighed, he needed to get her out of here before anything happens. He could only imagine how Jocelyn would react if anything were to happen to Clary. "Where is she?" he asked loudly to Simon.

"She just left a minute ago. She was talking to some guy earlier who wasn't even there," he shouted distractedly in response as he ordered a drink from another bartender nearby.