Chapter 8

Chapter 8

When Aria found Loki, he was climbing into a quinjet. " I'm not letting you get away." She said, aiming the giant gun Coulson had had, and he came to a stop, before turning to look at her.

Her red rimmed, grey eyes narrowed in anger, as he smirked at her with his arms out, as if daring her to take the shot. " Go ahead, avenge your fallen friend, strike me down as I did him."

" I'll do it." Aria said.

" Then do it." He told her. " Prove me wrong about who you are, Aria Stone."

When she still didn't pull the trigger, he shook his head at her. " I knew it. Your weak, Aria; your also curious, curious to know what I know about your powers. " He motioned to the jet." I wasn't lying when I said that we could be allies, come with me, and I can show you the true extent of your abilities."

" You killed my friend." Aria said, the gun falling from grasp. " You really must be crazy to think I would ever agree to that."

" Who said I was asking?" He said before appearing in front of her and pressing the scepter to her chest.

Confusion crossed his face before Aria punched him in it, knocking him off balance. He turned back to her with a smirk on his face. " I'll admit I wasn't expecting that."

She went throw another punch, when he grabbed her, and shoved her into the jet, where one of his mind controlled minions caught her. " We have what we came for." Loki said looking down at her as she glared at him.

Aria's Pov

I winced in pain as my shoulder collided with the ground, having been shoved down the last three steps with hands bound behind me. Loki ignored me as he continued passed me toward where a bunch of scientists were working on a machine.

I was yanked off the ground by my arms, and shoved forward, nearly falling flat on my face as I tried to keep my balance. I started to take a step forward, when I was yanked back." Will you make up your mind already. Jeez, your going to give me whiplash." I snapped at him before being shoved toward an iron door to my left.

He pushed the door open to reveal an empty stone room, before untying my hands, shoving me inside, and slamming the door closed behind me.

Seeing no other option, I walked over to sit down against the wall. " So, is what you wanted?" I asked as my other half appeared in front of me, and began to pace. " Us stuck in this room, while a super, crazy, lunatic, plots the end of the world, and our death?"

" Actually, I was hoping to get a closer look at the tesseract." She said looking toward the door and I frowned at her." What for, It's not like you could steal it?"

" Why would I need to steal what already belongs to us?" She questioned but before I could question her, she vanished and I was left alone in the dark.

***********

" Wake up." The other Aria told me." They're talking."

My eyes widened before I got up, and stumbled over to press my ear to the door. " How long before the machine is operational?" I heard Loki ask

" A few hours; a day at the most."

" Is there anything that could speed up the process?"

" We're having trouble figuring out how to lock on to the location."

" I think I might have a solution." Loki said and I backed away from the door, before looking over as the other me appeared. " Why do I not like the sound of that?"

" Aria....can you hear me?" A staticky voice asked, startling me, and I looked around before remembering that I hadn't taken my Mic. out. I backed away from the door before pressing my finger to it.

" Fury?"

" Where are you?

" I tried to stop Loki, it went down hill from there. Fury listen, Loki is working on some sort of machine, I'm not sure what it does but-"

" Have you seen it?"

" No, but I could hear them talking about; Fury it's-." I was just about to tell him what I had heard when the door flew open, and I spun around in shock.

Third Person POV

" Aria...Aria?" Fury yelled through the mic. but there was no response causing Steve hit the table in frustration. " Loki obviously took her for a reason, which means he needs her alive." Natasha said.

" Until when?" Steve questioned. " Until he decides that she's better off dead?"

" It has been clear since we brought Loki onto the helicarrier, that he was interested in Aria's abilities, and in the entity in her head."

" Are we really calling it that, I mean it did seem to have a mind of it's own." Stark said but no one responded as Fury gave him a look. " Can we track her?"

" No, it looks like Loki must have discovered that she was talking to us." Hill said from a computer on the other side of the room.

" Guess she's on her own then." Fury said and Steve shot to his feet. " You can't just abandon her."

" There's nothing we can do for her, not when we have no idea where she is, or how to reach her."

Steve stormed out of them room, and Fury watched him go, before looking over as Tony said. " Really, we need to give it a name instead of referring to it as the other side of Aria."