3. Deal

I hate studying. I mean, who doesn't? Those who claim to love it, they lie.

I hate studying with a passion but when I can't escape it, I have my own way of doing things. For one, I need peace and quiet. Hobi knows I have no problem with him blasting music day and night, but if I'm studying, he needs to lower the volume. I close my door and no one interrupts me unless it's an absolute emergency. I keep my phone off and I do not come close to my computer, unless I actually need it to study.

Studying in a café is about the last thing I would ever want to do.

And it's what I'm doing right now.

Why?

Because there's a very annoying ghost in my apartment.

And that might just tops the list of things I'd never thought I actually think of.

I didn't shower, I didn't brush my teeth, I didn't change from the sweatpants I slept in and I didn't even have my first coffee before I was out of the apartment, leaving a confused Hoseok and GD behind with a perverted ghost they can't see.

I look like a train wreck and despite staring at my laptop screen, trying to make information stick to my brain, I know it's completely useless because I can't stop thinking about the little visitor that will probably wait for me when I get back to the place.

I can see a ghost. I can talk to a ghost.

I have lost my fucking mind.

Like, what do I do now? Google how to get rid of him? Perform a ritual? Call in a priest?

I need to talk to someone. Even if I can't say what is happening, I need to talk. I call Namjoon.

"Hey babe," I can practically see his smile. "Did you settle in?"

"Yeah, we moved in yesterday."

"Do you like it?"

You have no idea how much I hate it.

"I'm... I'm not sure what I think about it," I admit. The place itself looks just fine. It's close to school, close to Hobi's dance studio, close to any place we might end up going to. It's big, dogs are allowed, the furniture is nice and it even has a nice balcony. The only problem is the something extra we really didn't ask for. "I'm not sure if I want us to stay there, if I'm being honest."

"Babe, come on," he sighs. "You can't leave."

"I'm not sure if I want to stay."

"It's my fault," he sighs again. I wish I could find it in me to comfort him but the problem is that he is right. It really is his fault. "I wish things could have gone differently."

"Yeah, you and me both."

"You're still low-key pissed, aren't you?"

"Yes," I admit. Honesty is the best policy, right. "And don't whine about it, you know you would have been pissed at me if the situation was reverse."

"Babe, I didn't have a choice," I can tell by his voice that he's tired of this conversation and in all honesty, it makes the two of us. "You know I had to leave."

"You had a choice, but alright."

"What was I supposed to say? Sorry, father, I'll leave you and your business hanging just so that my girlfriend doesn't whine?"

"Ah, so that's the problem here, huh?"

In fact, I did not whine at all. I was pissed and sad but I did not whine at all. More than anything, I was shocked and in panic, realizing that Hoseok and I can no longer afford the apartment and that Namjoon is going to leave us hanging in just two days.