Chapter 12

Let's Bet on this

"Good evening, can I get you something from the bar?" The waitress asks when she approaches our table.

Caius and I decided to have our dinner in a Hawaiian resto bar. The place is dim, only the spotlights of the small stage illuminates the whole place. There is also a live band singing some Hawaiian songs that I cannot understand but so entertaining to watch especially seeing them play those drums. I am actually looking forward to see some dancers doing to the hola.

"Just give us the best champagne that you have." Caius told the waitress.

Even the waitress are wearing hola clothes to keep the theme going on. Then I noticed Caius' eyes following the waitress as she turns to leave making me think that he is looking at her butt and I can't help but chuckle. Boys will always be boys though no matter how high your standards might get. So I decided to tease him a bit. Fingers crossed because this might just end up him I ignoring me.

"She's hot, isn't she?" I also stare at the waitress. She's a red head girl, tall and has a slender figure but with she has nice boobs and ass. No wonder why the men around wants to be served by her.

"Who?" Caius eyebrows furrowed.

Tsk, playing idiot here, are we?

"You are staring at the waitress. You like her?"

"What are you talking about?" Now he's using his usual bothered tone. Looks like I pissed him off.

"The waitress." I pointed out. "You've been staring at her ass."

"I wasn't staring at her ass. I was looking at her clothes because it doesn't even suits her. The skirt is too tight and her top is tied too tightly that it leaves a mark on her skin."

"Woah, seriously? You pay attention to every detail." I said, impressed at his ability. 

"Only idiots can't see it." He scoffed, avoiding his eyes.

Excuse me? "Are you trying to say that I'm an idiot?"

"I didn't say anything like that. You assumed that you're an idiot." He spat quickly, his voice monotone.

I raised my hands in the air like I was surrendering. "No need to get pissed." I laughed, crossing my arms and leaning back to my seat. "Chill, I'm just messing with you."

Caius scoffed and shakes his head. "Better not do it again."

Fine, grandma. Seriously, didn't this guy knows the word joke or playing around for fun? This man never even tries to have fun even for a short time. He is always serious and angry and cold. Sometimes it would be a better fit for Caius to be a lawyer. Because he is good in hiding emotions and he's always serious.

Well, Gale has the same personality but Caius seems to be darker, not even a hint of joy in his heart.

The champagne was served to us and the smell was amazing. There is a lemon in it, mixing with the scent. Our orders came in as well and I'm glad that it came our already because I am so starving.

I just ordered chicken BBQ with a special sauce and fried rice. I'm not going to care about figures right now, I just want to eat and taste Hawaiian cuisine. I looked over to Caius and he is eating the same chicken BBQ wrap. Caius is actually very sensitive when it comes to eating his foods. He just doesn't eat anything, he makes sure it is very safe first.