16: Was it with a guy?

It was very unwise of me to get involved with Dominic the weekend before finals week. I've been trying to study for the last two days but the only thing I can think about is him and his body and the way it felt on mine. On Saturday afternoon, after the awkward and thought provoking (post-sleepover) breakfast, I came back to my dorm and made attempts to study. As you can probably assume, I didn't get much done.

I figured Sunday is a new day so I can definitely get things done but here I am, preparing to go to dinner, having done nothing all day. It's not like I haven't tried. I sat here for at least six hours rereading the same slides and study guides but retaining nothing. I'd get halfway through the packet before realizing the entire time I was busy thinking about the feel of Dominic's lips. Long story short, I'll have to get through this weeks tests using the studying I did this past week.

I can only think that if this is the effect of just kissing him, imagine what would've happened had we gone all the way. I also keep thinking about his stupid proposal. 'I'm just a call away if you decide you want to lose your virginity, or do anything, with me.' I hate him for being so sweet and thoughtful and talking me out of doing it the other night. Everything about that night was so good. His mouth was crafted by a magical being and his skin is so smooth and his body is so- you're doing it again.

I sigh loudly as I stare at myself in the mirror, shaking my head shamefully. All I know is that I want more of him. I've been craving it and it's only been two days. Now I get what Edward meant when he called Bella his personal brand of heroin. Except I don't crave Dominic's blood; I just crave his touch. I clear my mind by jumping up and down a bit and further prepare to go out into the chilly December air. I zip up my coat and grab my belongings before heading out to the dining hall.

I meet up with Dominic, who invited West and Jack. I'm secretly grateful; things have been a little awkward between us. It's less of a 'oh no we made out' kind of thing but more of a 'when is it going to happen again?' scenario. For example, he leaned in for a hug when he walked me back to my dorm after breakfast on Saturday; I tensed because I wasn't sure if it was going to be a kiss or a hug. He sensed this and paused, giving me a second to catch on. We laughed it off but it was clear that both of us were on the tips of our toes. Not to mention, I fall into a trance whenever my eyes land on his lips; he'll be talking but I won't hear a word of it. Embarrassingly enough, he'll notice and call me out on it, sometimes even snapping in my face to get my attention. No matter how hard I try to play it off, he always picks up on it.

"Hey," I cheer as I join them in the queue for chicken fingers. They all glance at me and nod in acknowledgement.

"How's studying going?" Jack asks, which earns a loud sigh from me.

"Not that great. I can't focus. You?" Dominic offers me a secretive smirk, which makes my face go red. By the unbothered look on the boys faces, I can tell that he hasn't told them. I'm grateful for that.

"Yeah, same-," he starts but Dominic cuts him off.

"Don't lie to her. You've been playing PS4 all day," Dominic scoffs and Jack shrugs.

"I mean, you're not wrong," his friend rebuts. "I just haven't had enough focus to stop playing the game and to pick up my books."

"Understandable." I just haven't had enough focus to stop thinking about Dominic and start retaining information.

"I, for one, have gotten copious amounts of studying done. I spent the day in the library," West butts in with a smug look on his face.

"No one cares." Jack mocks his friend with a twisted up face.

"Good job," I compliment West, dismissing Jack with an eye roll.

"Thank you, Nova." West smiles at me before flipping Jack off.