Chapter 4: Questions and Marks

While you and Bullock were driving you saw many different places from a cathedral, a movie theater to Wayne Enterprises. But a specific alley caught Harvey's eyes and he said to you "See that?" You nod and he says "That's the alley that Thomas and Martha Wayne died. Shot point blank range. We almost caught the guy." You seemed curious and asked "Who is the person who shot the Wayne's?" Harvey stopped at the light and said "Joe Chill. Small time thief who wanted to make a buck. We found him at the Gotham Cathedral we just passed. We managed to even get him in one of our cells." You sensed a 'but' coming on so you said "But?" Harvey continued by saying "But thanks to Falcone, Chill was free. He bribed one of the cops to release him. We still can't find that son of a bitch."

The light turned green and Harvey kept driving and turned right. You saw a car behind you make the same turn and suspected that he or she was following you. You weren't sure so you kept rolling with it and asked Harvey "Can you give me a rundown on some of the scum I should worry about. I wanna make sure I know who I'm up against." Harvey kept his eyes on the road and said "Ok rookie. There's the Joker, Harley Quinn and Two-Face who you've met. Zsasz who we're finding. You've read up on them but there's many more you should worry about." You asked "Like?" He continued "Jerome Valeska aka The Jester is the guy who pretty much made Joker who he is. Basil Karlo aka Clayface, a natural shapeshifter. Roman Sionis aka Black Mask, a corporate businessman who loves his masks. Jervis Tetch aka Mad Hatter, a mad hypnotist. Jonathan Crane aka Scarecrow, a fear enthusiast. And one of Gotham's newest crime boys', The Red Hood. No one knows him and no one knows why he does what he does."
(Vote for which one of these villains should be in the next chapter)

As you both turn the car behind you does too. You nudge Harvey and say "We're being tailed Harv." He turns and sees what you were talking about and he says "Ah crap. Hold on." He started to go faster and turn almost making a zigzag. But as soon as he made the next turn you saw something green flash by your eyes and you were about to say 'Look out' but it blew up. The car tumbled for what seemed minutes and you saw a man wearing green say "Riddle me this, tell me what, will my friend enjoy to cut?" and you pass out.

2 hours later

You awoke in a dark room, chained up by your wrists and dangling above the ground. You slowly opened your eyes and looked around and saw Harvey right in front of you in the same situation. You say "Harvey! Get up!" He said drowsily "Wake me in 20." You saw a green light and saw Zsasz and the same man wearing green but now with a green hat and a gold cane with a question mark for a handle. He said "Welcome (gentlemen/lady and gentleman), I am the Riddler." When he said his name Harvey instantly woke up and said "Ed! What the hell are you doing?" The Riddler, or Ed, said "We're going to play a little game. You see them?" he points to 10 people strung up "They are all innocent people. You are going to answer my riddles correctly. Get one right and one of them leaves. Get one wrong and Zsasz there gets to add a mark to him." You said aloud "Great a Jigsaw wannabe." The Riddler went up to you and said "Ok wise (guy/gal). I guess you're up first. How can 4 be half of 5?"

You said without hesitation "When five is written in capitals the I and the V make 4 in Roman numerals." He turned to you and said "You're good. What's your name?" You said "I'll tell you when you let one of them go." Riddler then hit a button on his cane and one person was released. You said "(L/N)." Riddler said "Ah the newbie? Good. Then this'll be easy. Ready for the next riddle?" You reply with a nonchalant "Yes." He asks "What is the equivalent of 4k+2k+k?" You say calmly "7000. K means thousand." Riddler grunts with frustration then gets his cool back and asks "What your first name?" You say "Same deal as before Ed." He willingly complies and lets another hostage go. You say "(F/N)." Ed says "Ok (F/N) (L/N), If I don't keep time correctly it may mean death, I cause a beating that doesn't hurt but rather sustains life. What am I?" You say "A pacemaker." Riddler was clearly getting mad so he asks you another question after letting a hostage go "How are you so good?" You say "My mother loved riddles." He said "Well how bout this one: I can make you cry and resurrect the dead, I form in an instant and last a lifetime." You say "A memory." Riddler said "Gah. New rules." and lets a hostage go.

You see there are now 6 left an Zsasz was getting impatient. Riddler says "Since you're so good at riddles let's have Harvey here take a few turns." You quickly caught on and said "What's the matter Riddler? Scared that a newbie might beat you?" He turned to you slowly and was clearly mad. He said "Ok, next riddle: Two men are playing chess, they play five games but each win three. How is this possible?". You say "They weren't playing against each other." Riddler was getting pissed. He let another go, you finished half of his game. He said "How bout this: When do you go at red and stop at green?" You say "A watermelon." Riddler then let a hostage go and he said "Ok! New rule."

You look at him and he says "You get a riddle right and I beat you but you let a hostage go." He said with his cane up high ready to strike "What cup doesn't hold water?" You say ready to take a hit "A cupcake." He swings at your face and cause you to spit blood. He then releases a hostage and says "I have no beginning and have no end. And I end all that begins. What am I?" You say "Death." He releases a hostage and strikes you in the gut. You counted the hostages, there's 2 left. He said "I craft crowns of gold and bridges of silver. Who am I?" You quickly say "Dentist." Riddler was getting mad. He was striking harder and more efficiently. He said "Ok. You will find me in the past, created in the present but the future can never taint me. What am I?" You say "History." Riddler then releases the last hostage and Zsasz was mad. He stormed up to Riddler and held him at knife point.

He yelled "Ok Riddler! I guess I can only get one new Mark no thanks to your stupidity." Ed knocked the knife away and said "Relax Victor. We...you still have 3 people left." and nodded towards you and Harvey. Harvey stayed quiet the entire time and said "Gah. Son of a bitch." Zsasz went closer to Harvey and said "Ok Ed. Ask him a riddle." Riddler slowly and worryingly complied and asked "I do not exist today, you can't feel or see me but if I didn't exist you would all die. What am I?" You say "Tomorrow." Zsasz got pissed and cut Harvey down. Zsasz said "Go now and you won't die slowly." Harvey slowly walked away but he didn't leave. You saw him quickly grab his gun and hide in the corner.

Riddler looked at you and said "Time for your fate (F/N). If 1 equals 5, 2 equals 10, 3 equals 15 and 4 equals 20 what does 5 equal." You say "One." Riddler grunts and you land on the ground. Zsasz says "Now should I kill you?" and points at Riddler with his knife. Zsasz looks at you and says "You like riddles. Right?" You nod and Riddler looks at you nervously and back at Zsasz. Victor says "Ask him a riddle. He gets it wrong he dies, he gets it right he lives." You say "Ok." Ed looked at you and you say "I hurt people's brains but when they get me they're satisfied. What am I?" Riddler looks at you stumped and says "Impossible! What is it?" You look at him smirking and say "A riddle." and you punch him in the gut. Zsasz looks at you and yell to Harvey "Now!" and Harvey starts shooting. Zsasz runs for cover and you cuff Riddler.

Harvey looks at you, bloody and hurt and says "You need a hospital rookie." "I'm fine Harvey." you said. You heard something behind you and heard a new male voice say "No you're not." You turned to strike but him but he sprayed you with something and you were knocked out.

Nightwing's POV
I knocked out (F/N) and saw Harvey. He said "I hope you're going to get (him/her) patched up." I said "I'm going to." and slung (F/N) over my shoulder. Harvey stops me and says "Is Batman coming back anytime soon. Not that I don't like having you around but just curious." I looked down and started walking away and said "He'll be back soon. But don't expect to see him tomorrow." I started walking to my bike and put (F/N) on the back. I got on and rode to the furthest and most secure hospital... The Batcave.

A/N: Dananananananananananana Fuck yeah. I'm done chapter 4. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and vote on which villain should be in the next chapter. Have a good day/night.