A Note

Hello. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't believe it. Holy fucking shit. I actually finished The Alpha Next Door. I also can't believe you're reading this lol. 

I'm so shook and baffled andgdgkjhgbvjkjruhng,nwag.

First and foremost, thank you for reading this. Honestly. I began writing this story two years ago, in the summer of 2016. 

Now let me tell you something, like many other people, 2016 was a shitty year for me. It was the year I'd lost all of my friends overnight, it was the year where my depression was born, it was the year that beat me tf up. So to keep myself busy and somewhat happy, I would write endlessly. I had this spiral notebook and my favourite black pens, I would just plug in my earphones and drown myself in music and thoughts. I began writing this story. And even though this probably doesn't relate to the whole plot, I wanted to write a story with aspects of what it feels like to be rejected, not good enough, and how emotional scars don't just go away. I wanted to write a story to represent that you're not alone. If someone went through any of this bullshit, then I hope you read this story and felt like you had someone to relate to-- Even if it was a fictional character. Because so much of it was based on real life. 

I know that when you're drowning in loneliness and sadness, you feel like you might not ever be happy again. And I know it doesn't help when people say "it's going to get better", because you feel like it never will. Just keep yourself busy and tell yourself it's worth it for those small moments. I remember over the past two years there'd been so many times where I told myself that life wasn't worth it anymore-- but there were small things that helped me to stay motivated. That summer breeze smell, the one in the house where the windows are open and you just want to go outside and read. Those nice warm sunsets where you go to the park and ride your bike. That feeling in the night where it's just you and a silent world, everyone's asleep and you can just write. Waking up to comments from strangers who tell you they love your writing. We all have those small moments of bliss, seconds of happiness. Though they seem small, they're worth living for. Even though I sound like a cringe ass motivational speaker, just know that from something so horrible in my life erupted this story. 

So yeah, I could say my life is much better now. Thank God. 

Anyways enough of that depressing stuff, HOW DID YOU LIKE MY STORY?! Ohhh Lord. I feel kinda sad. I don't want to let go of Alex and Destiny. I feel like I know them in real life, you know? Just awkwardly third-wheeling between their cute moments. 

And holy crap-- 28K READS? What. The. Hell.

I can't.

I really hoped you loved this story and its characters as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

Yes my handwriting from two years ago was really crusty e

Yes my handwriting from two years ago was really crusty e.e

But fr I remember it like it was yesterday where it was 1 am in the morning and I was publishing the first chapter in the summer of 2017.

Hahahhhh

Hahahhhh.

Anyways I'm taking a break from Wattpad temporarily so I can work on my next piece of writing. A sneak peak, it's not related to the Werewolf Genre but it's something badass, and includes a millionaire ;) Anyways it'll take me a while to publish that story on here, but I promise, I will. And this is here as evidence. But again, it'll take time. 

Sooo.

I really can't process that it's done. 

I love you guys so much. 

Thanks for reading. 

I'll catcha later sometime ✌️ Much love, 

-PopClouds