Chapter 53

~*Harry's POV*~

The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. We were all sitting in the living room, pizza boxes scattered through the room. Things honestly hadn't changed at all since we were all teenagers sitting together; except there was no Louis suggesting we play spin the bottle, Caroline was practically sitting on top of me, glaring at Lucy and Niall, there was mine and Lucy's little girl, curled up on her mom's lap, and, well, we were all in our 20's now. Except Caroline, who I was pretty sure was 37. Wow. That's awful. I didn't even KNOW how old my girlfriend was....

Caroline was all over me on purpose, and that was to try to get some sort of reaction from Lucy. She never acted like this, I mean, yeah, she was clingy and possessive, but it was never THIS bad. She was mirroring how Lucy was sitting on Niall, with her legs over mine, not quite sitting on my lap but pretty much there, one arm slung over my shoulders, and the other in my hair. The only difference was Lucy's spare hand wasn't in Niall's hair, it was on a piece of pizza; she and Niall were trying to out-eat each other, and everybody thought it was hilarious that Lucy was winning. NOBODY could eat more than Niall, but Lucy was giving him a run for his money.

Watching them, I found it slightly relieving, that I could see them sitting there, close like that, and be 100% confident that nothing was going on with them. At first, when I had seen them in the airport that day, a little over a year ago, everybody had seriously questioned them. I chuckled slightly as I remembered Zayn, "I swear to god if Niall has a thing with her too, I'm gonna kill somebody."

They were just...really close. But not the way she was with Louis. My smile turned into a grimace as I thought about that. Lou was my best friend. And god, I missed the way we used to be, laughing and joking around, having just an amazing time. All of us guys were close, but me and Lou just...had something special. And we let a girl get between that. Granted, Lucy wasn't just some girl, and I certainly wasn't going to give up on her without a fight, but, I just wanted Louis back, so things could be...like they used to.

I saw Lucy moving out of the corner of my eye, and I wanted to look over but with Caroline watching me to see what I was doing, I couldn't.

"I'm gonna go to bed, I'm taking Bells with me." she said, leaning in and giving Niall a peck on the cheek, which, despite the fact there WAS nothing going on, jealously flared inside me.

I wanted a kiss too...

She did the same to all the boys, and gave me a little tiny wave, as she carried Bella's sleeping body out of the room.

"I want to say goodnight to Bells." I mumbled before pushing Caroline off of me and bolting after Lucy.

~*Niall's POV*~

A moment after Lucy left the room Harry followed her, and I mentally face-palmed myself.

That boy was going to cause so many problems for himself.

He was still in love with her. It was obvious in his eyes. But chasing after her like that, desperation written so plainly on his face, with his GIRLFRIEND right there, was not his best idea.

I sure hope he knows what he's getting himself into....

~*Lucy's POV*~

I set Bella down on the bed, Harry had put one bigger bed into the room, so now instead of Bella's little twin bed that she had gotten while I had been gone, there was one queen sized bed in the center of the room. I would love to know how the hell that boy managed to get that done when I was sleeping. Because I'm pretty sure the noise would have woken me up....

Bella had been in her pyjamas when I had woken up, I had slept from 3 that afternoon straight through to about 6 the next afternoon. So, it was saturday night now. So at least I didn't have to worry about changing her clothes or anything.