Chapter 23

Brynn and I each have a warm shower in my on suite and then sit on my big comfy bed.

"I feel so stupid. They saw me cry." Brynn sighs, whacking herself in the face with a throw pillow from my bed.

"I know." I moan and flop onto my side. "And at least you had a good reason. They know you're afraid of thunder. I was crying for no reason."

Normally I refuse to cry in front of my brothers. If I did they'd probably tease me mercilessly about it. Since I've grown up with a bunch of older brothers, I have to be tough to be able to survive them. Crying makes me look weak to them.

"At least Cameron looked sorry. And Hunter and Logan looked nervous." Brynn reasons.

"I'm sure they were only afraid cause Leo, Alex and Sawyer probably freaked out at them." I snort.

"Hey. That reminds me. Where was Ryder? He definitely wouldn't have forgotten us." Brynn asks.

"I know. I'm pretty sure he went to work. Or else he would have remembered we were there." I say. Then I added, " At least I can be mad at them for a good reason."

She agrees with a laugh. All of a sudden we hear a knock on my door.

"What?" I call.

"Can I come in?" Cam asks from the hallway side of the door.

"No!" I scoff from the safeness of my room.

"Come on Emma! I'm sorry. It was an accident!" He pleads.

"I could not care less. Leave me alone!" I shout.

I can hear mumbling from the outside of my room and then shuffling feet. They had left. Good. I'm glad he feels bad.

Then my mom calls us for dinner. Oh no. I knew we'd have to come out of my room eventually but not so soon. I didn't wanna talk to them. I actually was angry. And very cold.

We looked at each other and decided just to go and sit quietly. I'd maybe even tattle on them.

We fling open my door and of course the three idiots (Cam, Hunter and Logan in case you didn't realize) were leaning against the hallway wall.

"Guys! Come on. We said sorry. What else do you want?" Hunter whines.

"I want to go eat supper." Brynn grumbles.

I snicker.

"I am sorry guys. I know you're scared of thunder Brynn. I really do feel bad." Cam apologizes.

"It's a little too late to say that, now that I've stood in thunder for two hours." Brynn snaps and shoves past them.

"You're lucky I'm not telling mom." I hiss, following Brynn down the stairs.

"Wow. Look at that. The baby's not gonna tattle on us for once." Hunter mumbles.

"That's not helping you get my forgiveness, stupid." I glare back at them.

"It was a joke." Hunter says defensively, holding up his hands in surrender.

I roll my eyes and continue my trek to the kitchen. I slide into my usual seat and Brynn steals Hunter's seat beside me. He glares at her and take the empty one at the other end of the table beside Logan.

I feel like every time I've been eating supper with my family recently, I've wanted to finish as quickly as possible.

My mom sits at her spot at the head of the table.

"Brynn. How nice of you to join us. So how was everybody's day?" She asks, smiling around the table.

Brynn and I stare down at our plates. Hunter and Logan shuffle uncomfortably. Cameron pushes food around his plate awkwardly. Leo, Alex and Sawyer glance around expectantly. Ryder's still at work.

I feel someone kick my foot under the table. Leo smirks at me and nods his head towards my mom. He's indicating that I should tell on them to my mom. I glare back. He's a little drama queen.

"Anybody?" Mom asks.

"It was fine." I mumble.

"That's all?" Mom continues.

"I guess so." I say.

Sawyer snickers a little at my response. Mom glares at him.

"How was your day Sawyer?" She questions.

"I don't know. Normal." He says, grinning.

"Great. Now leave your sister alone. We don't need your background noise." Mom orders.

He nearly chocks trying not to burst out laughing. Mom glares.

"Anybody else wanna share their day?" She continues to pry.

"My day was good. Cam what'd you do today?" Leo grins innocently at Cameron.

Cam shoots Leo a look and Leo raises his eyebrows back.

"Nothing." Cam growls and stands up from the table. "Thanks for supper mom." He adds.

Leo smiles at Alex and Sawyer as they stand up to follow him. Sawyer nods his head at Hunter and Logan to follow. They stay sitting. Sawyer shoots them a threatening look. They reluctantly get up to follow.

Mom looks at us and shakes head.

"What's going on with these guys?"

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Do you guys want to get out of the house? Maybe to see a movie?" Mom suggests, clearing her dishes from the table.

Brynn and I look at each other a sigh in relief.

"Yeah. We would love that." Brynn accepts.

"Ok. Lets go." She says.

————————————————————————
Thank you guys so much for 3k reads! It means so much to me. Keep liking and commenting to let me know you like it.