Chapter 2: The Offer

I am drowning.

This feeling hasn't left me since I left. I am drowning and I don't care anymore. I see the light through the deep blue color of the water. And that light comes from a hand. There is a hand reaching out to me. I move with effort my own hand, trying to touch those pale fingers. And just as I am about to touch it, I wake up.

The smell of alcohol and medicine fills my nostrils, and I am not surprised to find myself in a hospital bed. The sun shines brightly through the open window at my right, and a gentle cold breeze embraces my face. I look down at my stomach and raise the light blue shirt I am in. I try to swallow my vomit as I stare at my exposed ribs and my bruised torso. I take the white cotton pad off, but even as I embraced myself to stare at a big gun hole, there was nothing. My stomach had nothing at all, as if a bullet had never been.

What day is it? How many time have I been here? What if the doctors find out that my injury is gone, what will they do to me then?

I started panicking, and before I knew, I started to come up with the worst scenarios that can happen from now. Doctors may start wondering how I recovered so quickly, they will charge me for their services, for money I don't have. But my worst thought is that I can be sent back to that place.

"Miss? Are you okay? How do you feel?." A young ( probably in her mid-twenties) nurse approaches me from the door of the hospital room. I try to conceal my nervousness with a polite smile, but all I manage is to show my teeth in the most disturbing and awkward way.

"I-I am fine." I say, covering my stomach and my body with the quilt as she approaches me.

"There are two men waiting to talk to you outside the door, you can tell me when you are ready to talk to them, or if you want them to go away." I don't know anyone here... Who are these men? Suddenly the memory of that night before I passed came rushing to my mind. Two men dressed in black suits came towards me. The memory was muffled, but it was clear that these two men are probably the ones waiting outside the door.

"Tell them to go away," I say, surprising myself by how rough and strong my voice sounded.

"Are you sure Miss? They seem very concerned about your well being. They were the ones who brought you here two nights ago. And they even paid your stay-"

"Tell them to go, please" I didn't intend to sound like an ungrateful brat, but the nurse only nodded and exited the room.

Before the nurse can come back in, I take my black hoodie, and black jeans sitting on the shelf beside me, take my backpack and approach the window.

It isn't too high... is it?

I have survived even worst jumps, and I guess my body is more than willing to accept a challenge. I measure the distance from the hospital I am in, to the building on the side. Thankfully, it doesn't seem too far, and even if it did, I can't stay here. I place both hands on the edge of the window. Ignore the wind telling me not to do it, and look down one last time.

The cars look like tiny dots of dirt, the people walking around are almost invisible, and yet I will attempt to do the impossible.

Impossible to humans, at least.

And just as I was about to close my eyes and jump to the roof of the other building, the door opened.

"We are BTS' bodyguards, and we have something to discuss with you young girl."

I jump.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey guys!

I hope you are enjoying this so far. I promise it gets a lot better. Be patient, we will be meeting BTS soon.

Which type of abilities do you think Ae Ri has?

Leave your comments here, if you have any ----->

Thank you, have a nice day and keep reading ;)

Something Serious.