43:MELISA

Karen

I sat in a booth at the far end of the restaurant, ordered two coffees for both me and my CI (Confidential informant).

She said it was better if I used a bus instead of my car, I hated the idea but did it anyway. I placed my gun on my lap and used a newspaper to cover it. I have no idea who this person is but if I was going to meet her, I had to be prepared.

I was staring out the window when I noticed a woman get down from a bus. My heart quickened and I sat up straighter and placed my hand on my gun.

She stood there for two minutes then a car pulled up in front of her, I groaned when she got in and hugged the man that was driving it.

I sat there and I placed my hand on the cup to feel if the cup was still hot or not. After a few minutes another bus pulled in and a woman came down.

She stood there and looked around until her eyes met mine. She started walking slowly towards the restaurant and then a black SUV stopped just behind her, three men in all black came out and grabbed her.

I watched as she tried to fight them off but they over powered her. I grabbed my gun and ran out of the restaurant "Hey, stop!!" I screamed but they threw her in and shut the door.

I started shooting but the bus seemed to be bullet proof  "Son of a bitch!!" I shouted when they drove off; they didnt even have damn plates.

Damien

We were in the middle of a movie when Trevor got a call and he paused it "What the fuck?!" Chloe screamed. Well the only reason he was able to do that was cause he fought for the remote and won.

His eyes widened and his mouth fell open, I sent him a questioning look but he didnt or couldn't answer then I started feeling very agitated.

"What's going on?" Beatrice whispered to him but he didn't answer either. That only made the tension in the room thicker.

"It's Melisa! We gotta go, now!" He screamed and no one bothered to ask why especially Kimberly.

We all jumped down the stairs like the building was on fire. By the time we got to our cars we didnt didnt care if anyone was behind us or not, we all simultaneously did ninety degree drifts out of the parking spaces and into the road.

We drove faster than ever "What do you think is happening?" Kim asked me "I have no idea but I think it has to do with the call she made to me yesterday" I said.

My heart was racing as I avoided and over took cars, we made a thirty minute drive in ten and without any police interruptions.

Kim didnt wait for me to put the car in park before jumping out. She ran after Trevor and I after her under the sudden heavy rain with unforgiving winds.

It wasn't hard finding Melisa, all we had to do was follow the crowd of students. We finally saw three guys holding her with her hands behind her back.

As we approached them four other guys emerged and pointed their guns at us "What the fuck!" Trevor shouted "Mom! What's going on?" Kim asked with a lot of concern in her voice.

"Nothing, honey. I love you" she said as I tried to step out of the crowd and towards her one of the guys tried to use the back of his gun to hit me in the face but I dodged it, grabbed the gun and twisted it away from his arm before kneeing him in the stomach and using the back of the gun to knock him out.

The other men with guns suddenly felt more threatened and pointed their guns solely at me and I did the same to them.

"What the hell is going on here, Melisa!" I asked with my eyes still fixed on the guys with the guns.

"She has been talking to the FBI!" Vlad yelled and emerged from behind the men "That's a lie!" I retorted "No, its not" Melisa answered.

My eyes left the men and landed on her "What? Why?" I asked softly but she didn't answer "And for that she will be executed!" Vlad yelled and it was like the world was in slow motion.

"Let this serve as a warning to all of you, no matter who you are if you by any cross me, you will suffer the same fate!" He continued.

"What?! You can't be serious!" Tyler said "She's your wife!" Grayson yelled "But she betrayed me" Vlad said and brought out a gun "Get on your knees!" he said after he pointed it at her head.

"Daddy, please don't do this!" This is probably the first time I have ever heard her call him that and for a split second his physique softened but hardened again along with a firm frown.

"Let this be a lesson to you all... No one crosses me and gets away with it" There was a significant diabolical tone concentrated at that last part and something about the sound of the thunder that followed gave me goose bumps.

As I heard the bang and I watched all the blood drain from Kim's face as she watched her mother's body fall to the ground lifeless. I dropped the gun out of shock and from my side I saw a rabid Kim launch at her father but was caught mid air by the man in front of him.

She gave a head butt to the guy that was holding her and kneed him in the balls. The moment she was free she ran towards Vlad, punched another guy in the throat and elbowed him in the nose before giving him a round house kick to the face.

The next guys wrapped his arm around her and started squeezing, she grabbed his head and used her thumbs on his eyes. His face got redder until blood started sipping out of his eyes causing his groans to turn to screams until he let her go.

As she was about to scratch Vlad's eyes out I wrapped my arms around her and stopped her from doing something she would regret.

She used her elbow to hit my eyes but I held onto her anyway "Baby, please dont do this! Please" I whispered into her ear and her once rabid screams turned to a sob.

And her legs weakened.

I followed her to the ground with my arms still wrapped around her wet body. My eyes connected with Vlad's and it was then I noticed the hollowness which they possessed, there was no life... No soul

"Clean this up" he said and walked away from the scene.