Chapter 9

Roy remained asleep for the remainder of the day, his pain causing growing worry for both him and Ed. Ed occasionally shed tears when Roy would pass out from the intensity of the pain or when the baby made movements down. Five minutes after his water broke, Roy whimpered, signaling the progression of labor. Ed, in a protective frenzy, rushed to find the doctor, who swiftly entered the room. The doctor advised Roy to calm down, emphasizing the importance of not harming the baby. Roy, despite the excruciating pain, managed to find some composure.

The doctor instructed Roy to push, and with great determination, he followed the guidance. Roy eventually lost consciousness during the birthing process, but when the baby finally emerged, Ed wept tears of joy. The doctor reassured Ed that Roy would be fine, and his tears only intensified, overwhelmed with relief and happiness.

The doctor then delivered the news to Roy that he wouldn't be able to have any more children in the future due to the risks associated with subsequent pregnancies. In a mumbled voice, Roy expressed his love for Ed and gratitude for giving him a baby. Exhausted, he fell asleep, while Ed smiled affectionately, pleased to see him resting peacefully. Ed, the protective father, had already taken care of their baby girl, feeding her with utmost care. He patiently waited for Roy to wake up so they could choose a name together. After two hours, Roy finally stirred awake. They decided to name their daughter Miko Akio Alric Mustang. Ed smiled at the name, and soon, their loved ones arrived to see Roy and the newborn. Each person held the baby, showering her with compliments about her cuteness.

Feeling tired, Roy politely asked everyone to leave so he could rest. He thanked Ed and expressed his gratitude. Ed smiled warmly, while the doctor entered the room and informed them that they could go home in a couple of days. Roy's face lit up with relief, thanking the doctor for everything they had done. Ed echoed the sentiment, expressing gratitude for saving Roy's life during the birth. The doctor humbly replied, "I'm just doing my job." Both Ed and Roy smiled in appreciation as the doctor left the room, allowing Roy to get some more well-deserved rest, surrounded by the protective love of Ed and their newborn daughter.