Chapter Thirty One: Savvy's Point of View

Viper's face was away from me, and I watched the stride of his legs. He'd been drinking, but he wasn't drunk. 

"Viper!" I yelled.

"Fuck off Cecilia!" He screamed back and I watched him turn on his heels and continued as I crashed into him. His arms caught me, and I felt better now that he was touching me. 

"I'm not Cecilia." I said, "I'm Savannah."

"Look Savvy," he whispered, "I'm not in the mood okay." His breath smelled like alcohol, but it was sweet on my skin. 

"I know, I'm here to tell you something."

"Okay?"

"I'm the reason this happened."

"What the hell," He turned and started walking away from me again. 

"Wait, there's more." He stopped again, back still to me. 

"I made it happen because when we kissed, I felt something. When you said you loved me, I wanted to say it back." He turned to me slowly and I watched his expression change. He looked softer, and I was glad. He walked towards me and then cupped my face. 

"Why didn't you?"

"You had Cecilia. Vivian wanted her, and she cheated on you." I whispered. 

"I wish it was you, the offer was always open." He didn't press harder, just kissed me. His mouth was gentle and I tasted the sweet wine he had indulged in. I pulled back first, and smiled at him. My stomach was churning and the butterflies were exploding. I swallowed hard and then looked at him. 

"So, what does this mean?"

"It means I want you to be mine." He kissed me again and I smiled into it and continued kissing him. His eyes lit up and he took my hand. 

"Well?" I asked.

"We have to find Vivian and Ce-Ce." He said tugging me towards the reception hall. I swallowed hard and thought about fighting him on confronting her about anything but didn't. I marched into the room with him in hand and he approached his father. His father looked at us with definite approval and smiled. 

"What's up son?" He yelled.

"I'm looking for Viva. I've got a lot to say to her." I gulped, knowing he'd be bitching her out for speaking of him so lowly in public and making an example of him. 

"I saw her in the bathroom, she's not well."

"She shouldn't be, after that." He said and headed towards the restroom, tugging me behind. I couldn't tell if he meant it in a mean matter of fact way, or if he was saying he wouldn't be either after something so tough to say. The door was shut, and the lock was clicked. He motioned for me to go in and check. I knocked and Vivian was crying. 

"Hello?" She sniffed and all I could think of was hell breaking loose and Cecilia storming off leaving her heartbroken.

"Will you let me in?" I heard heels clatter to the ground and then the lock unclicked. Cecilia cracked the door, tear streaked and smiled at me. She looked around the corner to Viper and her smile disappeared. 

"Is he mad?" She whispered.

"I don't know," I said, "he's never been much for breaking his poker face." She opened it all the way and I was surprised when Viper followed me in. He shut and locked the door and I looked each face over. Vivian was tear streaked and red eyed. I felt like running to her, and scooping her up in a hug but was strong enough to refrain from it for now. 

"Cecilia." He said in a sharp tone and I noted it for anger. "Let's talk. Right here, right now." She swallowed and stepped forward.

"Okay, let's." 

"First off, you have a lot of fucking explaining to do. Second off, we're done." She nodded and I watched Vivian's face change. It looked different, and it looked older. She looked like her life had been stretched to it's max and shattered. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I'm glad," Cecilia said, "and let's talk."