Dead Inside

Half the group went a run. Well, actually they went to someplace called Woodbury, but that's besides the point. The only people remaining at the prison were Hershel, Beth, Carl, Judy and I. Carl and I just got back from the tombs with another group who somehow got down there. Carl locked them in the room while we stayed in the corridor.

The poor people looked at us like we were crazy. As soon as Carl went to go get Judy from his cell, I walked up to the bars. "I'm sorry." I told the group.

One man spoke up. "That's okay," He began. He had dark brown skin, wearing a grey shirt that stretched across his chest, a gary hat, and was holding a hammer with zombie blood on it. By the looks of it, this man could murder you. But, he was actually really kind. "You're just trying to protect your people. Understandable."

I wanted to let them stay with us until the rest of the group got back, but Carl was right. We can't fully trust them yet. I nodded, looking back at the rest of his group. There was a father, a dying mother, and the son who just looked out right horrified.

"I'm sorry about her." I said quietly, not being able to take my eyes off the broken family.
The girl next to him nodded. She had light brown skin, wearing a black top with jeans.

She had her arms crossed and the look on her face made me even sadder. "Me too."

There was a moment of silence and I really wanted to move past this sad conversation. "I'm Ally." I told them.

The man hesitated, looking at the girl next to him before looking back at me. "I'm Tyreese."

"Sasha." The girl- Sasha- answered, looking down at me with those big brown eyes.

I nodded, opening my mouth to say something else, but I was interrupted. "Ally."

I look back at the call of my name. Carl had Judy in his arms, watching me closely. "Yeah?"

He hesitated. "Come help me?"

I looked back at Tyreese and Sasha, giving them a sad smile before turning to Carl. I shuffled over to him. "Hey." He said quietly.

"Hi." I answered, giving him a small smile.

"What'd they say?" He whispers.

I shrug. "Not much... I don't think they're bad people."

Carl doesn't answer looking down at Judy getting restless in his arms. "We can't be sure just yet."

I nod, agreeing. "I know." I whisper, also gazing down at Judith.

~~~
(Rick POV)

Daryl got Merle back. Glenn's saying he(Merle) shouldn't come back to the prison. I agreed with Glenn, but how was I going to break that to Daryl?

I tried over and over again to get him to come with us. But he wanted to go off with Merle and leave us. "We're family." I argue.

"He's blood." Daryl fought.

"We're still family..." I tell him, but that's not what he wanted to hear.

"What about Ally?" Glenn asks Daryl, his voice rough and angry. "You're gonna leave her? Again?"

Daryl shakes his head, avoiding all eye contact. "I ain't exactly father of the year."

"Doesn't matter." I tell him. "She needs you right now."

He shakes his head. "She can hold her own. She'll forget about me."

"Daryl-"

"Tell her I love her. And that I'm sorry."
And that was it. Daryl went with Merle, and we went back to the prison.