Chapter 2: Just Another Excuse

Rin's POV
I sit up, relieved to have the hangers to finally catch my breath. As I gasp for air, I grab my stuff and run for the classroom door. If I didn't hurry, I would be giving Yukio the chance to worry about me, which I don't want him to do.

I quietly open the door and walk to my seat. You see, this is the only class that know that I'm the son of Satan, so that gives them another reason to hate me. I wish there was somewhere I could go to be happy.... but there isn't. I jus have to suffer in this Hell I call "home."

Yukio's POV
I see Rin walk into class in the middle of the test. "Nice of you to join us, Rin." I say in an irritated voice. It's obvious Rin got into another fight, but I bet he'll just come up with another excuse.

"Sorry, teach. I tripped and fell earlier. Had to go to the nurse." Rin says, looking unusually down. He usually smile and is cheerful, y'know, the one who always looks on the bright side.

I reply with,"Okay. You need to be more careful!" And Hand him the test. After that, I walk over to my desk and start grading. However, I can't concentrate for long. My mind keeps on wandering over to Rin. I wonder what could be the matter?

[Le time skipper]

After about thirty minutes everyone had turned in their tests, and i was now grading them. I was excited to grade Rin's test because he had done so well on the last few. However, what I got wasn't a pleasant surprise. He got almost every question wrong! 'What the hell...?' I silently think to myself.

The bell rang and Fin was about to head for the dorms. "Uh, Rin?"

"Yes, teach?" Rin asks.

I answer,"Could I borrow you for a second?" I was planning on asking him if he studied and why he got almost every question wrong and made an "F." He was doing so well and I want him to keep it up.

Rin walked over to me and said,"Yeah, sorry about doing so bad on the test. I'll do better next time. Anyways, could I go home now? I'm starving and I'm sure Ukobok has made us some food by now."

I was a little taken aback by Rin knowing he had done bad on the test and said to him,"Umm.... s-sure. I'm packing up my stuff right now. You can go back before me if you want."

Rin's POV
Yukio has just asked if I wanted to go home before him and I answered,"Yeah, sure. See you at the dorms." Little does he know that I just want to go so that I can get my knife and tear up my arms one last time before I die. You see, I have a plan.

My plan was to go home and cut to postpone these feelings, then once Yukio gets home, grab his gun and end my own life. I already had it all planned out. As I'm walking, I see Bon. I try my best to avoid speaking, but he refused to let me stay quiet.

"Where are you going, Okumura?" He asked, looking a little bit off. His eyebrows were furrowed, and his face looked sad, almost regretful.

I answer with an obviously fake,"None of your business. Why do you care anyways?"

His face turns from sad into something resembling despair and says,"I saw what happened in the halls earlier," his face turns to another emotion, helpless and mad, as he continues,"I wanted to step in, but I assumed you'd take care of it. However, when I saw them run away and you still laying on the floor, I knew that was a mistake."

Tears sting my eyes. So, what, he just watched and did nothing?! "What's your point? Why do you even care anyways? You've been ignoring me ever since the big fight with Amaimon. Hell, you've even made fun of me with Shima and Konekomeru!" A lump decided to form in my throat.

"Listen, I'm sorry for that. I just assumed it was okay. You never seemed bothered by it." Bon said, surprised at this new side of Rin.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I don't have more. I've had a lot going and I started this on paper and I don't have that much time during school to write this. I promise I'll try to update more though. Stay tuned! I promise I have a big plan for this story. It's just taking a while to get there.

Thanks and have a great day.