Chapter Thirty Two

Cecilia was brave, and I missed the feeling of her hand in mine already. She stepped forward towards the snarling teeth of my brother. He was gritting his, and listening as she spoke. She admitted to cheating, and teasing me while I was still 'in the closet', if that's what I was. Viper didn't make eye contact with me at all, and I knew he still hated me. Savannah made her way to my side and took my hand and squeezed. I smiled at her gently and watched the triad continue. 

"I'm sorry," Cecilia said weakly, "but it was always her."

"I understand," he said, "and I'm not inncoent." She looked at him wide eyed and I was praying she'd stay strong. 

"Go on." She said, breaking. 

"I kissed Savannah on our break up, and I told her I loved her while we were together."

"I understand." She said, "I've never said it, but I love Vivian." Butterflies burst in my stomach and I watched her face lighten again.

"Then I know what has to be done here." 

"Me too." She said to him and turned back to me. She kissed me again as he grabbed Savannah. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Cecilia muttered to me as he muttered to Savannah. Savannah and I laughed and uttered our yes responses. I smiled and Cecilia hooked her hand in mine. We walked into the reception hall into the final slow dance and she grinned. Savannah took her spot next to me, an she twirled slowly with Viper as I twirled slowly with Cecilia. The twinkling lights reflected in her eyes and she smiled. 

"This is how it was meant to be, it's always got a strange way of working itself out." Savannah muttered into my ear. When the song finished, and the music changed into a faster pace, Cecilia asked Savannah to dance and shoved me towards Viper. I tripped and he caught me. I looked at him, baffled he even tried and then he closed his eyes. 

"Vivian, can we talk?" He asked.

"Sure." I whispered and he helped me to my feet. He led me to the back door, and pressed it open. The summer air was thick and I grinned. It felt nice on my face, refreshing compared to the groggy party air. 

"Listen," he said.

"No, you listen." I said, "I'm so sorry! I never meant to hurt you Viper, I just. She made me know who I was, and I felt like I'd lose it-"

"Vivian!" He cut me off and tugged me into a hug that cut the air from my lungs. 

"Oh, my, god." I grunted and he smiled. 

"I love you, you went to all this trouble to prove to me that you were serious about Cecilia and get me with the girl I really love."

"Of course." I said as he released me, "It's important to see you happy." 

"You mean that?" He asked. 

"Yes." I said and he kissed my cheek in the brotherly way he had as we grew up. 

"I love you too." I finally said and he laughed. 

"We've got the worlds most perfect girlfriends inside those doors," he motioned, "who are we to keep them waiting?" 

"Idiots." I said. He squeezed my shoulders and we started walking to the building. 

"Race you!" He yelled. I started to run and then realized I was in heels. 

"Ow! I think I hurt my ankle." 

"Oh Viva." He moved closer and I shoved him backwards and bolted for the doors. 

"Sike!" I reached the doors first. 

"You always were bitter." He said, and I flicked him off as I walked into the room. Cecilia smiled at me and I smiled back. Things were perfect. Things were the way they were meant to be.