Chapter 9

The young Jin tiptoed to reach the handrail as he stood on the balcony

The young Jin tiptoed to reach the handrail as he stood on the balcony. His head was barely above but he could clearly see the view of his entire garden filled with striking exotic flowers.

He heard his mother humming softly as she walked into his room. He immediately hopped down and ran to her.

"Mother!" he gleefully called as he spread his arms out, requesting her to carry him.

The Queen laughed softly at the adorable boy's action and complied immediately. She held the boy in her arms and sat down on the bed. She sat him on her lap and poked his nose fondly.

"What did the charming king do today?"

"I've completed my equestrian lessons, provided ideas during royal court meeting and went around the town to meet my people!" he reported proudly.

"Such a responsible king."

Jin put on a smug expression as his mother praised him. He then looked at the Queen with curiosity.

"Mother, while I was going around the town, I saw a pregnant lady. From what I've read, pregnant women have a huge bump but why does that lady not have any at all?"

The Queen chuckled and ran her fingers through his hair.

"You see, dear. We do not have any baby bumps. We get pregnant and we give birth on that exact day. Our babies need not be carried for nine months like human babies. You know how offsprings are special and important to parents."

Jin nodded his head.

"Offsprings are the life of the parents. The cure to a heartbreak which is the second way that brings harm to us."

"Indeed, dear. Heartbreaks are the worst kind. It's impossible to escape or heal. If the loved one dies, the partner will follow soon after going through a painful suffering. With an offspring left behind, that person can survive and eliminate the suffering."

"Then, is it possible for a human and a person from Wonderland to fall in love?"

The Queen smiled, "Love is a beautiful thing. Everyone deserves it."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

"What is the meaning of this?" Jin questioned Yoongi who stood in shock as his right eye glowed green.

They were interrupted when Jimin coughed vigorously. Jin's eyes widened when he saw blood in the other's hand.

Yoongi clicked his tongue and rushed out to grab his phone. He hurriedly dialed Namjoon's number and waited for the latter to pick it up. He informed him about the situation and Namjoon replied with 'I'll be right there.'