Ten

Jimin was following Taehyung and Jungkook out of the school gates when he got a message.
A message from Yoongi to be exact.

He looked up to the two in front of him chatting away about some PC game that Jungkook has. He's been on about it all day.

He focuses back on his phone screen where Yoongis contact still remains unread.

Should he read it?

Jimin would surely feel guilty if he ignored it, especially since the message began with sorry.

He unlocked his phone and red the message.

Yoongi Hyung
Sorry I didn't meet you at lunch Jimin. Something came up

Jimin frowned at the message, despite the fact it was an apology. More specifically, he was frowning at the something came up part— couldn't he have explained what was going on to settle the confused thoughts in Jimins mind?

But then Jimin realised that Yoongi didn't know he saw him in the music room. Maybe I'm being a bit selfish again, He thought, it's not my business, it's Yoongis.

Jiminii
It's fine

After he sent it, Jimin soon thought he sounded too blunt, too rude. He can't make it obvious that he's unhappy.
So he added a small smiley face and sent it to Yoongi.

:)

Yoongi replies within a minute with

Yoongi Hyung
I'll see you tomorrow, I need help from my little maths genius

Jimin almost stopped walking for second then, or even breathing.

'My little maths genius'??

"Jimin? Why are you walking so slow?"

Lifting his head, Jimin quickly came up with an answer. "Just texting my mum"
He switched off his phone and put it back into his pocket, before jogging a little to catch up with his friends.

Despite still feeling slight jealousy, Jimin had to restrain himself from grinning.

He could have just said he needed help with maths....

–––

Jimin decided not to go straight home and stopped at the convenience store on the way there. He wanted quiet time before he got back home, he knew he would only have to do homework straight away when he gets back.

He sat at the seat in front of the window again since it was his usual place. There wasn't much to look at though; the store was only on the side of a plain old road.

Jimin was staring out the window when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He flinched, turning around only to see Min Yoongi standing over him. His mouth was stretched just enough that it formed a smile. A smile that somehow made Jimins heart thump.

"Hyung?.."

Yoongi sat down next to the younger before he placed something down on the table.

It was a Samgak Kimbap, Jimins favourite.

"What's this?" Jimin asked. "Why are you giving me this?"

"An apology" Yoongi said, turning to look out the window. "Plus I didn't I didn't give you one this morning either."

"This morning?" Jimin scrunched up his face. I understand the apology but why... "why would you need to give me one this morning? You've never done that before?"