22.1

Excuse any mistakes. Nia in the mm. Short chapter, but bare with me.

Calabasas, CA
Same night

"Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from the ships because they knew death was better than bondage .."

Killmonger

"You should have told me!" Zeke yells at Naomi as they are on their way back home. He is glancing between the road and at her. Naomi sits back in her seat, closing her eyes and counting to ten.

"It wasn't my news to share." She says after she reopens her eyes. "That's all I'm going to say."

Zeke glances back at her. "Nah, I wanna talk."

Naomi rolls her eyes. "I'm not about to argue with you. And I'm definitely not going to argue with you while you're driving. Focus on the road, please and thank you."

Deciding that getting home safely was more important, Zeke gives all of his attention to the road.

He isn't sure why he's so upset at the news of Amir's infidelity. Maybe because he was blindsided by the news. He did not expect Amir to break his sister's heart.

In a funny way, Zeke trusted him.

Naomi's phone rings causing Zeke to get out of his own head. He glances over at her as she places the device up to her ear and answers.

"Hello? Oh, hey Kaelyn." She says, referring to her assistant. "Why are you calling this late?"

Zeke wants to know the same thing so now he's all ears.

"Really?" Naomi's tone of voice changes slightly and she briefly glances at Zeke. "I haven't spoken with him in years."

Zeke looks over at her. "Who?"

Naomi holds up her hand, momentarily shushing him. "Umm, well I'll have to call you in the morning. I have to discuss this with my husband. Thank you for the warning, however." She nods. "Okay Kae, have a good night."

She hangs up the phone, meeting the eyes of her anxious husband. "What you have to discuss with me?"

Before she could say anything else, her phone rings again. "Ugh." She rolls her eyes then answers it. Zeke lets out an annoyed sigh. "Hello?... Ayshah? What's wrong?" She sits up in her seat.

Concern fills her voice and now Zeke is definitely on edge. "Why did you go back???!!" She basically yells.

Zeke really didn't need any other words, he put his foot on the gas pedal and began to speed towards Compton. He knew it was Asheek.

Naomi rubs her temples. "Ayshah, you have to calm down. Nyah needs you to be. Where is Shiloh?" She asks. "Oh my God, Zeke go faster."

He puts on his emergency flashers and started to do a hundred. She immediately dials Amir's number, knowing that he was much closer than they were.

"Amir."

Zeke immediately glares at her as he listens to her tell him about the situation. In a matter of seconds, she hangs up and looks at him.