Chapter 26- "Hot Confusion"

After a few calm thrusts of his hips, he growled, placed his hands on my waist, and he picked up the pace then, things got really heated.

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

James laid on his back on his bed as his eyes stared blankly at the ceiling.

Adelina was back and he was happy that she was safe, yet somewhere inside his there was a deep emptiness.

He found his mind wandering back to the cliff when Anila told them off. Just the memory sent a dagger through his heart, but then his heart warmed at the thought of Adelina and Cilia sticking up for him.

They were his closest friends, ever since he came in contact with them.

Before he met Adelina and Cilia, he had been the quiet warrior who works out, fights during wars, and hang about at the club.

*James' pnt. Of view*

No one really tried to get to know me and vice versa.

The minute those two walked into my life everything changed. My routine became disturbed, but in a good way. I found my mate, who in the end I had to kill, and yet again, I found another mate.

But I don't have to count on that one, she already rejected me, all she had to do now is say the words, and it'll be over.

With a sorry sigh, I washed my palms over my face then got out of bed, I've been laying in bed since last night when do got back to the castle after Adelina saved Cilia. I wanted to get out and run, and with that resolution I was gone.

Surprisingly enough, I spent most of the day in bed.

I exit the castle, and took off into the forest.

My breathing increased, while my heartbeat picked up. My lungs started to burn, and sweat started to roll down my forehead.

It felt good to run in my human form, the wind was whipping through my hair which was now almost shoulder length, my limbs were pumping powerfully, and before I knew it, I was already at the cliff.

Once I broke into the clearing, I came to a staggering halt as I breathed hard, and placed my hands atop my head.

The sun was nearing disappearance behind the horizon and it was a beautiful sight.

I breathed, and I dropped to ground, sitting and admiring nature's beauty. The sight allowed a peaceful wave to wash over me and my mind was cleared of all worries, yet there was a nagging image in my mind, that no matter how hard I tried to push it away, it still remained.

Adelina.

Was it strange that I couldn't stop thinking about her? My luna? The alpha's mate?

Why was she stuck in my mind? I don't know.

Maybe it's because I was so worried about her and now she was finally home and I haven't gotten over the shock of my luna being in danger.

Yesterday we were right here at this cliff. I witnessed her being in Demitrey's arms. I saw the love that shined in their eyes for each other, and I saw when they home together.

I had no right to be thinking of Adelina that way, and yet here I was, sitting here in my lonesome, thinking of her.

It wasn't until I heard a rustling sound behind me that I became alert.

I turned around, and there she stood, Adelina, with her signature smile. She walked up over to me, and though her walk was as simple and innocent as can be, all I could admire was the shy way her hips moved seductively, and the way her shapely legs strutted over to me.