142: Gods' Rage? (1)

Amuto, I appreciate the time you take to read and vote!
You have my thanks—( •⌄• ू )✧
•  •  •

Inside the capital of Eden Kingdom, legions of 500,000 Imperial Soldiers aligned, led by five mighty generals: General Izaya of Chlad, General Dean Fang and Kiel Fang, General Lintil and General Goldenrover. All generals except for Izaya had their own private soldiers as well, trained to be loyal to their household, but this time, they'll be fighting as one for their homeland.

As the generals faced their men and women, bravery and excitement can be seen in their eyes. They were the kind of people who loved the battlefield, and it was in leading their soldiers towards victory could they feel the greatest satisfaction. 

"Soldiers! Don't hold back. This is the fight we've all been waiting for!! Remember how much the citizens have been continuously usurped by the Apostles, only to be repaid with our beloved sisters and brothers! We fight, and we win!!" Loudly encouraged by Dean Fang whose fame resounded for years of his many victorious conquest. 

When the soldiers heard his words, they roared. There was no more sadness nor pity for their missing beloved, only eagerness to finally be given the chance to express their pent-up emotions. So many years of anxiousness, trying to hold back themselves because the other side was mightier, while the King himself willingly bows down under their evil intentions. They've constantly felt helpless, like sheep waiting to be slaughtered at any time and at any day. It was terrible, but they had no where to go. Remaining inside Eden Kingdom could they only increase their chances of survival despite having a knife pointed to their back.

However, can they compete with the experts in the Apostles? They could only brave their chance for freedom and independence. Today marked as the beginning of what historians called "Eden's Revolution Against The Apostles." Many years later, children would ask their teachers how great of a Civil War it was and why the influential Apostles that have helped the Royal Family for so many years became the world's enemy. 

And their teacher would say:
"A life controlled by others, is not a life at all. The Apostles persisted on their domination, and might as well as they had the power and influence to back their goals. Only, it was not meant to be as brave warriors and beasts aligned themselves to fight for their rights. It was a united front, and it was also at that moment when everyone from all over the two continents bonded together against their common enemy.

It didn't matter if the Apostles were mightier than their thousands of soldiers. The people at that time only thought of their future generations. And because they cared for their children and grandchildren, they had the courage to go against the impossibility. And guess what?"

"What is it, teacher? Please tell me the rest. Don't jest~"

"Haha. Impatient child. Alright then.

"Because of their unison, the gods heard their plea and desperation. The beasts arose from the ground and fought with them. What could have been a hopeless fight flipped over. Not only that... It was during this moment when the gods that could create devastating crevices on earth, call forth bloody rain and even summon flood showed themselves. And fortunately, they were on the the good 'side'."

"But teacher, you only say it was the good side because they obviously won the Civil War and was written as heroes in history books. Surely, if the Apostles had won, they would have been the good guys. So you say the gods joined in the war, but do gods even exist??"

"Child... It's good to do some critical thinking. And what then indeed, what if 'our' side had lost, then I wouldn't be teaching you this part of the history. And you wouldn't be sitting their listening to me talk. If the Apostles had won, we wouldn't be feeling safe and free at the moment, but instead of anxiousness and fear. Maybe you wouldn't have been able to go to school to learn your Math—"