- sept -

"Masters should know that the guests and young masters have gone back to bed," said Pippa the house elf once Harry and Draco had entered one of the sitting rooms with Sierra in tow and began dusting soot from their clothes.

"Thank you, Pippa," Harry said with a grin at the cheerful elf. "Would you mind setting up quarters for Mrs. Stevenson, before you head off?"

"House elves are here to serve, Master Harry," said the elf seriously while removing her hat and curtseying towards yet another guest. "House elves are proud to serve their masters."

She was gone with a pop and Draco snorted at his husband.

"You've offended her."

"Wha- how?" sputtered Harry.

"You asked if she would mind setting up a room. House elves don't mind anything so long as it's good for the household they serve. They'd cancel plans if it meant they could serve us more effectively."

"I didn't know," said the darker man with a groan that made Draco chuckle and Sierra break into a giggle that was soon a hysterical laugh. Both men turned to look at her surprised, but she was on the floor with tears running down her face, and still erupting in laughter.

"I don't know why I'm laughing," she insisted and Harry crouched next to her.

"You've been awake all night, but now you're safe and you're free," he said softly. "You deserve to laugh."

It didn't take long for her to tire herself out and she fell asleep awkwardly on the floor and Harry lifted her bridal style and had Draco lead him to her quarters. The blond's magic was more in tune with the manor, he could tell which place had been most recently set aside. Harry didn't know the specifics and he didn't really care enough to ask. Magical Home Theory wasn't his specialty.

As they were walking back to their own quarters, Harry with his arm wrapped around Draco's waist and his head lightly on his shoulder, Draco smiled down at him.

"The day has barely started and I'm already tired," Harry said.

"And we actually got to sleep last night. Remember the twins dad said 'twice in one night?' He's drinking more than just alcohol."

"Brilliant," said Harry sarcastically, reaching his free hand up to rub the bridge of his nose. "Now we have to report him to the DMLE too. Do you think the kids know?"

"I think it'd be hard for them not to."

Harry got very quiet when they finally made it into their room.

"Oh, don't do that," Draco said when he had looked at his husband's face.

"I didn't do anything."

"Don't make that face. That face screams we-have-to-help-them."

"But we do have to help them," said Harry practically whining.

"We have helped them; we are helping them, so stop whatever you're thinking right now."

The ravenette pushed his bottom lip out in his approximation of a pout, but Draco wasn't budging. He pulled him over to the closet and wrapped both arms around his husband from behind before placing a kiss to his shoulder.

"I don't know why you expect me to pick something you'd deem even slightly passable," Harry said changing the subject and reaching into the closet anyway to find something to wear to Nick's hearing. When he reached a hand into the closet and pulled out something that Draco did not in fact deem passable, he was shoved out of the way.

"You're no help," Draco said waving his wand and creating a flurry of outfits that he observed with a critical eye. "Go get the kids ready."

"They're practically adults, Draco, they don't need my help."