- neuf -

"Nicholas Stevenson stands accused for using underage magic against his twin sister in the presence of both of his non-magical parents. He is joined and defended by Professors Harry and Draco Malfoy-Potter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Natalie laid her head on Teddy's shoulder as a sob racked through her body. She had already been given the rules about Ministry functions. She knew Nick was helping her...well she knew that now, but the way the speaker spit it at the rest of the Wizengamot made her shake with how much she felt like her brother hated her. Like he was using her for bait so he could get away. She sobbed harder. Teddy placed a calming hand on her back. Another hand was rubbing soothing circles on her back, and when she looked up, her mother was standing there in all her muggle dark haired beauty, with a soft smile.

"Your brother's stronger than you think, Nat," she whispered still smiling, "you both are."

"I'm glad you're here, mum."

"Glad I could b-," she stopped midsentence when she noticed they were taking Nick out of the prisoner cage and onto the floor for trial.

The chains around his wrists and ankles were connected to a metal bar that ran the length of his back, preventing him from bending or tapping into his magical core before the trial was over. He was sat in a chair in the middle of the room and thats when the hard part began, questioning. Veritaserum was a potion only used in extreme cases of guilt or innocence, Harry hadn't thought they would ever use it for a case like this that had so much of both. It was when he first felt nervous. Draco gripped his hand tighter when he started fiddling too much and he gave his husband a small thankful smile. The blonde only nodded clinically and in a stark moment of clarity Harry remembers being in that chair for practically doing the same thing. He remembers seeing Draco sitting there after the war, when he spoke at his trial. He had looked different then; not quite as proud. He looked torn and terribly thin and terrified. He looked down at Nick from their place in the stands and although he didn't look pale or sickly he was thin, in a way that lots of tall knobly teenagers are, but he also looked terrified and resigned to a fate he wasn't even sure of.

The wizards acting as Ministry Officiated Lawyers, asked Nick a few base questions to test the serum. Obvious ones, like his name, that fell from his lips quickly; and more complicated ones, like pinpointing the size of the universe, which had him choking and groaning and trying not to let everyone see how much pain he was in.

The trial went on for almost 2 hours before they finally called Harry and Draco to testify.

"Hello, Mr. Potter," said the chief warlock looking only at Harry even as they both sat before the Wizengamot. Draco growled low in his throat, but Harry rubbed random patterns onto the back of his hand.

"Chief Warlock, Wornston," he acknowledged with a nod.

"Would you please tell the rest of the court about the young man on trial today. As his professors, anything you," he looked towards Draco for a split second before looking back towards Harry again, "or your husband know will be most valuable."

"Permission to speak," Draco says in a sickly sweet voice. When he's approved he starts on Nick's track record as a brilliant Ravenclaw, best in the class only tied with his sister and Scorpius. His voice is loud and he knows what he's talking about and Harry is sure his trousers are now two sizes too small, but when he looks around the court, no one is taking anything he's saying very seriously. He's written books and taught some of their children, yet when Draco talks in front of the Wizengamot, all theu see is his own track record as a follower of You-Know-Who; a death eater they let go.

Angrily, Harry stood and placed a hand on his husband's bicep to get him to sit back down.

"Are you lot deaf?" he asked practically seething.