- dix-huit -

"Potter," Draco practically growled as he stormed into Harry's office carrying a thick packet of official looking parchment. The wax seal had already been broken when Harry began unfurling the documents.

"Well hello to you too, love," Harry said off-handedly before he finally gets around to reading the bundle of papers. He drops them to the desk with a grin before standing and running to give the blond man a hug. "Draco, that's great!"

"We already- We do have jobs, you realize," Draco said, bringing up his initial argument again, pushing away so that Harry was holding him at arms length.

"So you aren't happy about this?"

"Of course I am, but...I just-" Draco drew in a deep breath. "Harry, I'm not as strong as you are, alright? I can't keep going to work like nothing's changed. I'm pregnant for Merlin's sake. This is a big deal."

"Of course it is!" Harry said still excited and Draco looked at him with his usual amount of skepticism.

"And what about you then?" Draco insists with crossed arms. "What did your tests say?"

"Uh-" he started, his cheeks darkening. "I may have rescheduled my appointment..."

"Meaning?" asked the blond with narrowed eyes, trying not to smack his husband upside the head with his pregnancy test results.

"Meaning," Harry repeated with feeling, "my results won't be in for another few days."

"I can't look at you right now," Draco said after a beat of silence. He turned so that Harry was facing his back and he spoke at him. "You could have told me. For Merlin's sake, that's what relationships are about, remember? Trust. Communication. And all that other Hufflepuff rubbish."

"Draco-"

"No. You don't just not get a check up when something is going on with you! Especially not without consulting me."

"Draco!" Harry said getting just as angry as his husband was. "You don't own me, okay? I decide what I get to do with my body. I went practically my whole life being told what to do, barely in control of my own body and now you think I have to answer to you?" Harry rolled his eyes and scoffed, storming back over to his desk.

"I'm not trying to- Harry, I care about you. So if something is going on with you and you don't get it checked out, that's not just your business anymore. It's mine too. And Teddy's. And Scorp's. And if the twins understood, them too. We're your family. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

His anger disappeared as quickly as it had started and the way he looked at Draco told the older man so.

"I'm going to be fine, Draco. We both are. I promise."

--:--

Draco and Harry sat down with Teddy and Scorp and smiled softly. They were both glowing. They began nudging each other to urge them on to speaking. Eventually Teddy cleared his throat and Scorpius spoke up with a confused smile of his own.

"What's up, Dads?"

"Well," started Draco looking over at Harry who snorted then spoke excitedly.

"Your father's pregnant!"

"Holy Merlin!" Teddy said. "Congrats! Four siblings later, and I used to think it would just be me and Pops forever."

"H-how long until you know w-whether it's a girl or b-boy, or if it's twins again?"

"A month or so at least, but it's highly unlikely that it'd be twins. Since your Papa was able to have twins then I won't be able to carry them," Draco explained calmly, like he always did when Scorpius asked one of those questions. Questions that weren't rude, but could strike a cord with more sensitive types. Questions that wondered on the wellbeing of dead relatives or forgotten friends.

Harry grabbed his husband's hand and kissed his knuckles softly. How could he ever think he couldn't do this again. Draco was a great dad, patient and kind, but stern and respectable in ways Harry knew didn't come from the blond's own father.

"So," said the ravenette clearly, "if it looks like your father needs help holding something or moving something in class, you help him, but until he starts showing, this stays between us. Understood?"

"Not l-like I'd even have anyone to t-t-tell anyway..." Scorpius said pouting and Draco tried to suppress an eye roll.

"Scorp, you're still only 12. You're barely a teenager. I know it feels like the pain will tear you apart, but it won't okay. You have to move past it, even if you never let it go."

"You liked Dad back in school, didn't you?" the young blonde said carefully.

"I did," Draco responded, looking away from Harry even though he had already known that much.

"So m-maybe, Hu was g-gonna b-b-be my husband." Scorpius was standing now, and Teddy reached a hand out to place on his shoulder, but the boy snatched away.

"Someone's off their potions," the blue haired boy said exaggerated, sitting back in his seat with his arms crossed. But he only looked put out for a second.

"Your dad and I would have never gotten together in school or directly afterwards. For multiple reasons," Draco explained primly.

"One of which," Harry added, "is because your father was more than a bit of a prat." Teddy snorted out a laugh even while Scorpius continued to whine.

"But-" he tried to argue, but this time, Teddy managed to force him back into his seat. When the younger boy looked at him, he shook his head and shrugged.

"Not what we're here for, Scor. We know you're having a tough time, but we're here for Dads," Teddy said understanding yet excited. "You can come back with me to the Hufflepuff dorms and we can talk there, okay?"

"You're right..."

"Usually."

"Thanks, Ted." Scorpius' smile didn't reach his eyes. It would take some before it did again. As odd as it seemed to the rest of them, because he was just so young, Hugo was his first love. That love never dies, but when it's gone it leaves an emptiness that can't be filled without talking or friendship or...closure.

-&-

holy fucking hell, futher muckers
i meant to post this days ago, but i was at my friend's place like 2+ hours away

wild shit as far as im concerned

but she came to get me, so like lovE hEr

anyways, i screwed the pooch when it came to everyday updates...
and i feel like this one isn't gonna make too much sense until you finish the rest...idk i don't really like this chappie too bad

i hope you like it regardless
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋