- vingt -

"Mr. Potter," Madam Pomfrey said, looking down at Harry with a serious face and crossed arms. "Have you been feeling the same as you did when you were pregnant before?"

"Yes," he said quietly looking down at the positive pregnancy test results she had handed him.

"So why wait to get the tests done?" she asked disappointed.

"I didn't think I was ready for another kid...I just got my body back, Poppy."

She placed an understanding hand on his shoulder and forced him to look her in the eyes.

"As understandable as that is, that doesn't change the truth. You know that preparations have to be made and you have to go back on prenatal potions immediately."

Harry nodded solemnly. He was excited but defeated. It would happen all over again? The mood swings and the stress and the tiredness and- he ran a hand across cramping stomach, more stretch marks. Pomfrey called his name again, forcing him to drag his gaze back up to her.

"And if you wish to stop having kids," she said pointedly with raised eyebrows, "I would suggest you start to use protection, Mr. Potter." His face heated up as she walked away.

Harry sat on the examination take for a few moments after she walked away trying to compose himself. Somewhere between finding out he was pregnant and watching her walk away, he had started crying. He wiped his face with his sleeve and before she could hear him and return with tissues of something even more mortifying, like a box of muggle condoms, he carefully eased off the table and out of the Hospital Wing.

On the way back to Draco, he ran what he felt to be about a million scenarios for how to tell him he was right with starting a row, but when he actually got back to the room though, Draco was sleeping and he didn't have to say a word. He laid the results on the desk beneath the window next to Draco's and kicked off his trainers and trousers before crawling into bed behind his husband. He plucked his glasses from his face and put them on the nightstand before wrapping his arms around Draco, placing his hands on his husband's stomach and kissing his shoulder blade.

"Congratulations, love. We're pregnant." 

--:--

"Yo! Scorpius," called a redhead from the end of the hall, before running to catch up with the tall blond. His face was flushed from the chill outside and he had a scarf tied loosely around his neck

"Hey, Hu," Scorpius responded, looking away from the adorable red and freckled face walking beside him.

"Whatcha up to?"

"Walking."

"Oh, where ya headed?"

"Library."

"Sunday study sesh with Ro?" he asked next but Scorpius only shrugged. "O~kay. Well...mind if I tag along?"

"I would much rather you d-didn't," said Scorpius finally stopping and turning to face the younger boy headon. He had actually hit a growth spurt over the summer that sent him standing just below Scorpius' chin, though his boots made him slightly taller.

"Are you mad at me?" Hugo asked quietly, not sounding quite as confident as the 11 year old usually tried to.

"You know I can't stay mad at you, Hu," said Scorpius shaking his head. "I just need some time before you push yourself into my life and leave again."

"That's kinda harsh," said Hugo annoyed."I told you we could be friends. I want to be friends with you, Scorp. I like being around you, but I-"

"I know, you don't want t-t-to date anymore. We're 't-too young' to b-be s-ser-serious." Scorpius shrugged again before starting to walk away from his old friend. "Whatever. It's f-fine. You've al-always been there, and then you j-j-just weren't. Le'me have t-time to adjust."

Hugo turned and angrily began marching off in the opposite direction, scuffing his combat boots against the floors and mumbling to himself.

"He's had all bloody summer to adjust. Scorp's so stupid. He knows I miss him too. He has to. He just isn't being fair."

Scorpius looked behind him to be sure that the younger boy had finally made it around the corner completely out of sight, before collapsing against the wall and sliding down, placing his forehead against his knees. He wanted to scream or cry or run after Hugo, but he wouldn't know what to say anymore than he did when the boy was right in front of him.

Before they were boyfriends, they were best friends and it hurt to lose that more than anything. Even before they could spell each other's name, even when their families were years away from speaking it was like they knew they would meet again. They had drawn pictures and written scribbled letters and done anything to remember each other. Scorpius smiles as the tears fall when he remembered Hugo being nervous to show him into his room where there was a box of crayon drawings and letters written in barely legible handwriting about a friend he'd had and lost. One he only remembered faintly. A friend he had thought was imaginary until the Malfoy-Potter wedding.

Scorpius looked up when there was a warm presence beside him. Teddy smiled before wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"H-how'd you f-f-find me?" sniffled Scorpius, the sound muffled by his legs.

"You never made it to the library and my big brother senses started goin' barmy," Teddy said playfully pulling his brother in for a tighter hug. "So what's up? Panic attack?"

"Hugo," Scorpius said by way of explanation instead and the older boy nodded knowingly.

"Wanna hide out in Pop's office until he comes to grade papers?" Teddy asked, but the still crying blond shook his head.

"I don't want to f-face him or Dad."

"Hmm. That's fair. So what do you want to do?"

"What do you do when you're upset?" the boy said quietly, curling into himself even more, if it were possible.

"I usually go flying for a bit, focus on the things going on out there instead of in here," Teddy said, then tapped a finger to his brother's temple. "Y'know, clear my head."

"Show me?" Scorpius asked, looking up, his voice cracking and along with it Teddy's heart.

"Sure, Scorp. C'mon," he said as he stood and helped the saddened boy off the floor.

-&-

fucking hell Futher Muckers
im tired of school already & it's only been a week (+ i skipped a whole day!)

ima be in class all day also sooooo...

anyways most of this fic is planned out i think, but i do have a few blank canvas chapters that are shaped based on prior chappies and like what's going on in my head so there's that

anyway i kinda like this chappie
i love Teddy being there for Scorp
its 👏🏽 so 👏🏽 pure

lemme know whatchall think, yeah?
like it? love it? hate me?
lemme know!

as always, hope yall enjoyed
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋