Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Aria's POV

" Who were you talking to?" Loki demanded and my eyes narrowed. " I wasn't talking to anyone."

" I believe we've already had this conversation, Stone." Loki said as he started toward me, causing me to take one backwards. His image flickered and I barely had time turn before he had me thrown against the wall with my arm bent behind me.

I flinched as he moved my hair aside, before removing the mic. from my ear. He dropped it on ground, before bringing his foot down on it. " My plans may require you to be alive, but keep in mind that I have been inside your head. I know exactly where your parents are at this moment, and all I have to do give the word. "

" You wouldn't dare." I snapped before he twisted my arm further into my back. " Do you really wish to test that?" He questioned and I winced in pain.

I didn't respond and he smirked before letting go of me as he turned to leave. " You may not realize it yet Aria, but you and I, have a lot more in common then you think." He told me before I heard the door close behind him.

" I'm nothing like you." I whispered to the silence.

A few hours later, I was led from the room, and toward a giant white curtain that blocked off part of the room, where I'm guessing thier big machine was. When they pushed the curtain aside, my eyes immediately found what Chloe had mentioned earlier; the tesseract.

The next thing I saw was what looked like one of those chairs you sit in at a dentist office; you know the ones they make you sit in right before they pull your teeth out, only this one seemed to be part machine with a bunch of wires leading over to the tesseract.

Loki stood off to one side talking with one of the scientists, but his eyes met mine over the guy's shoulder.

They sat me down, before they began to attach wires to certain parts of my forehead; much like Bruce had done when we were trying to draw out the other me. It was then I realized that they were trying to do the same thing.

Loki approached me and my eyes narrowed at him before we both glanced over as the scientist began to mess around with a bunch of buttons.

The other me appeared next to the tesseract, and I frowned as she seemed to reach toward it, as if trying to touch it, but she dropped it when her hand simply went through it, before she looked over at me. I was about to question what they were doing, when the scientist fliped a switch; it felt like someone had shoved my head in a light socket.

The tesseract flickered to life, before a wave of energy shot from my body, causing not only the machines to explode, but Loki was also launched across because how close he was standing to me.

The energy from the tesseract died, and I let out a groan of pain, before everything went black.

" She can never know." I heard someone say and I turned to find my parents sitting across from each other. " We can't take the risk of someone coming after her, or worse."

Everything blurred out before I heard the sound of a baby crying, and turned to find a crib, but again everything blurred out before I could look inside.

" She can never know." I heard my mother say again before I sat up with a gasp to find myself back in the stone room; my head on the lap of the other me. " What happened?" I asked.

" They made contact, and can now lock on to the other side of the portal. We'll be moving to another location soon."

" How long was I-"

" A day." She said cutting me off and I let out a sigh, before pulling myself into a sitting position. " Then that's it, we're doomed."

" If your friends are not able to stop him, then yes."

The two of us were silent before I said. " You know, I've been thinking, we can't just keep calling you the other me; you need a name."

" What do you have in mind?" She asked.