I missed you. (Keith x ftm!Reader)

Voltron
You sighed and sat on your oversized bed. Slowly looking around the room, you spotted pictures you had put up. Some were of the paladins, some were with you, but most were pictures of you and a mullet-headed male.

You smiled softly, making the sour mood of the room go away, but it faded back when realization hit.
Keith seemed to not care. It seemed like he'd happily leave you. He HAD left you already.
You put your face in your hands and elbows on your knees.

Tears formed in your eyes and slid down your face; eventually falling on your pants, making the wet spots appear darker. Thoughts ran through your head. Most were of Keith.

You heard the door to your room slide open. Not daring to look up, you kept your head down, but listened. The sound of footsteps approaching you, who was curled up on your bed, grew louder as they appeared next to you. You felt your bed bend when the person sat down.

"Mullet Brain upsetting you again?" The person asked. I recognized the hushed voice as Lance. You looked up and Lance's eyes widen. "OH MY GOD! DON'T CRY, Y/N!" He rushed to get the words out, wrapping his long arms tightly around me. You hugged back and cried into his shoulder.
You heard steps outside the small room you had on the ship. The door opened and you slowly looked up.

You almost jumped out of your skin when you saw purple eyes looking at you full of worry. "What's wrong?! What happened?!" He looked around quickly and when he saw nothing he calmly but worriedly looked at me. His eyes scanned your face and he walked closer.

Lance jumped up. "Well, as much as I want to stay, I have to..... help Hunk with dinner." He almost ran out of the room with his half ass excuss, leaving Keith and you alone.

Keith slowly made his way over to you and sat down in the spot next to your form.
"Why are you crying?" He asked softly, placing his hand on your thigh trying to comfort you.

You shook your head, not saying anything. He sighed heavily and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"It's okay, y/n. I'm not supposed to say anything, but Lance told me how much you're struggling." You looked up and growled at the new information given to you.

"Damn it! He wasn't supposed to tell anyone!" You grinded your teeth in built up anger, which would go away in a minute if you stayed calm.

Keith smiled a little and kissed your cheek, causing you to calm down a little. He looked down at his thigh. "I'm sorry. I left without even thinking about if you would be effected by it. I should have talked to you about it." You stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

You did suffer a lot, he knew that. He left with no warning. He would be gone for days on missions with the Blade of Marmora. You rarely had even seen him before he disappeared. Then one morning, you walked to the table for breakfast and asked if anyone knew when he'd be back. Everyone went silent.

Shiro had asked you if Keith talked to you the day before. You didn't even KNOW he was in the castle yesterday. You told them that and asked them why he hadn't visited you. Your shoulders sank and you grew sad. Lance didn't miss that. He let his anger build up. Keith had come and gone without even talking to his boyfriend?! Let alone, left without telling you the big news that would change everything.

Lance got upset screaming, "Are you serious?! He didn't say anything to you?! When I get my hands on him, I make sure he never see's the light of day!" His out burst of anger, which confused you.

Hunk gently explained the Keith was going to be a full time 3 of the Blade of Marmora. Which meant he no longer lived in the castle. You were extremely upset because not only did he left, but he left at the worse possible time.
You were going to start testosterone in a few days. Allura was going to help you with it. You wanted Keith with you through it, but he obviously didn't want to be beside you. You knew he probably wouldn't have found it important, but it meant the world to you.

Its been almost two months since he left.

You felt yourself tearing up again. "You're right. You should have. You ignore me for weeks and then left without a word. I'm guessing you'll have to leave again in a few minutes, so just let me be alone."

You moved away from him. He shook his head. "I don't leave for a couple more days. I want to make it up to you. I know, I've been a shitty friend and boyfriend. I wasn't here to support you through your transition, which I know you wanted me to be by your side through that."

He looked at you in the eyes. You felt weak at the knees. You knew you were supposed to be mad. You knew you should've kicked him out. A couple days wouldn't fix months of damage, but his eyes were always your weakness.

You let a small smile slip and looked down. "Fine. I forgive you, but you can't ignore me again, okay?" Your voice was soft, broken. Afraid to let him in, but knowing you couldn't say no to him. You were still insanely in love with him.

He nodded and grabbed your waist, pulling you on him to straddle him. His hair fell into his face, but he left it. He mumbled in a similar tone, "Never again will I do that, I promise. It was torment for both of us. It broke my heart, even if it didn't seem to."

He closed the gap between you and kissed you passionately. You felt all the pain and love flow through it. You kissed back and ran your hands through his hair.

When you two pulled back, Keiths eyes were red and puffy. Tears were stained to his cheeks as he sighed happily. He leaned his head on your shoulder to rest.

He ran his hand up your sides. He stopped when he felt the outline of your binder. He smiled.
"I'll promise you this, I will be here through every from this moment on. Let's start with getting these awful things gone..." he slid his hands to the front of your chest to feel your heartbeat. "...so you don't have to wear this uncomfortable thing." You laughed and hugged him.
"I missed you." You whispered quietly, relaxing under his grip. He held you closer and kissed your neck. "I missed you too."